The Tone King - SUCKS

iloveespguitars

• Members

The funny thing with gear demos is. When someones {censored} people are like "He'd make anything sound {censored}" and when someones good people will be like "He'd make anything sound good".

So you can't really win so i guess the moral of the story is to try it yourself :o

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate his videos. He can't play well, he got terrible tone, ...

The only reason I watch some of his videos is because he demos some pedals that no one else is demo'ing on youtube.

He f**king plays a blues tune to review a metal pedal, wtf is up with that jackass

Anyways, that's my rant.

Dude - WTF ??? First - you can be a bit more polite than starting a hate thread titled 'TTK Sucks'.

If you think I suck to the point to flame on on these forums - then WHY WATCH MY VIDEOS? TTK SUCKS, BUT ... 'The only reason I watch some of his videos is because.....'

Do me a favor - if you don't like em, don't watch em.

OH, and btw - thanks for being kind. I have free gear give-aways every month (http://thetoneking.com/wp/gear-give-away/jul10-randall/), alert folks on TTK Killer Deals, etc - and this is the love I get?

Dude - I never said I'm a great player - but I'm lovin what I'm doing ... so please - go rain on someone elses parade, not mine.

Thanks

• Members

after all the criticism he recieved, his demo of the Randall RT100 100 watt 3 channel tube head was {censored}ED.

played some {censored}ty sounding riff on the neck pickup of a double-neck guitar at like the 12 fret and super low tuning.... very very repetitive and very {censored}ty sounding...

• Members

I hate his videos. He can't play well, he got terrible tone, ...

The only reason I watch some of his videos is because he demos some pedals that no one else is demo'ing on youtube.

He f**king plays a blues tune to review a metal pedal, wtf is up with that jackass

Anyways, that's my rant.

Nonetheless, he's shown himself to be a seemingly level headed dude who makes no claims about his playing good bad or otherwise, generally owns people who start threads about how they hate his videos, and would probably be a cool guy to kick back and drink a couple of those bad boys right there with.

I couldn't care less about the videos and don't know that I've even watched one all the way through, TTK is cool in my book.

• Members

I simply do not bother with any TTK videos. If he's demoing something I wanna hear, I'll wait for someone else to put up a demo.

This :thu:

BUT, he has listened to feedback from here after he got over the shock of the whole ordeal.

• Members

I can understand why some people get irritated though. Calling ones-self 'The Tone King' when the videos clearly show otherwise is kinda
:facepalm:

I need to listen to some of the demos, but if anything I'm thinking it would just put a smile on my face.

Archived