what to do with this abomination?

mr benn

• Members

okay folks im putting a partscaster tele together and i have one of these necks spare

Lindert_Tele_1.jpg

it's got a beautiful half V neck profile but

unfortunately the headstock is well,just look at it! :freak:

so my question is what can i do with it?

make it into a fender arrow type thing?

p1_uryfbp3by_so.jpg

some kind of fenix type thing?

FenixHeadstock4a.jpg

I need inspiration!!

help me out dudes! :thu:

• Members

For Christmas, I got the book Hand Made Hand Played. It is a wonderful source of really far out ideas, headstocks and everything else. You may find some ideas there. Your guitar looks really interesting. Is that speaker cloth ? Is there a speaker in there ?

• Members

For Christmas, I got the book Hand Made Hand Played. It is a wonderful source of really far out ideas, headstocks and everything else. You may find some ideas there. Your guitar looks really interesting. Is that speaker cloth ? Is there a speaker in there ?

yeah the body has a construction method a bit like a danelectro

but there's no speaker in there

i'm thinking a "mini tele" headstock might work

• Members

Funko baby. You wont be short that third hand you always seem to need but you dont want it growing out of the head. I agree that's pretty ugly headstock. I like the body though. It definately has a retro look to it

Maybe cut a piece of maple and glue a middel finger on so its giving you the audience bird then just use it to play punk music.

• Members

I kinda like that headstock. But anyone here who has seen my builds knows I go for the unusual. What if the guitar in question becomes uber valuable some day? Nah, never happen. How about shaping the bottom of the headstock like a women's butt, or maybe some ta tah's?

• Members

sell the neck to a guy with one of those guitars but with a broken neck?

it's actually a really unusual design to the neck, half V on the bass side so barr chords are really easy up the neck

it's beautiful to play though!

plus the chance of finding a dude needing one is like a million to one!

• Members

I kinda like that headstock. But anyone here who has seen my builds knows I go for the unusual. What if the guitar in question becomes uber valuable some day? Nah, never happen. How about shaping the bottom of the headstock like a women's butt, or maybe some ta tah's?

lol there he goes again, but I like it. WRKMC has got a good idea, with the finger.

Half v neck HUH????

• Members

I've saw that headstock before at a guitar store in Eugene Oregon. That is a hand built American Made guitar from the 90's I believe. The company was located in Washington. That guitar has a cult following. I've seen them on eBay going for between $500 and $1200. I am going to bet on it's going up in value. I'll trade for the guitar or neck...

• Members

I've saw that headstock before at a guitar store in Eugene Oregon. That is a hand built American Made guitar from the 90's I believe. The company was located in Washington. That guitar has a cult following. I've seen them on eBay going for between $500 and $1200. I am going to bet on it's going up in value. I'll trade for the guitar or neck...

yeah maybe i could trade it?

definitely worth considering ;)

Archived