Anybody else have a GAS list?

kwakatak

• Members

The wife has poo-poo'd my dream of getting a new guitar with her recent expenditures. She sez that she wants me to put my current guitars away, too - because they take up too much space! The girl just don't KNOW what she's saying! :mad:

Here's my GAS list that will exist only in my dreams - and believe me, they are BIG dreams!

Washburn J28S12DL

Larrivee OM-05

Taylor 414CE

Fender Texas Special Fat Strat (mmm, Sienna Sunburst!)

Guild 412 (vintage)

Any Breedlove!

• Members

LOL, well at least you have a sense of humor :) Over the years my wife finally realized I dont have a 20,000 boat, harley and all those other things. So I buy, play and sell guitars. She's so confused now that she doesn't even visually register which guitar is which. When we were 20 years old and married she would say "what happened to the green one?" or "where'd that new guitar come from" with a shreeking voice. Now when I get a new one she doesn't even know.

If you can't beat'em , wear em down slowly ;)

Oh, and there is the X2 rule. You buy her 1000.00 gift and you get 1000.00 guitar but that crap gets old quick :rolleyes:

Love and Marriage !

Oh yeah Gas list:

1930s Gibson L-00

1940s Gibson J-45 with a fat neck

An authentic 1920s Robert Johnson guitar

Santa Cruz Paul Hostetter H

Greven Prarie State with white keys and Mahogany or Maple

Greven NL Nick Lucas

Prewar Martin 00 of some type

Several 1920/30s Stellas

LeadBelly Stella 12 String

• Members

Thank you for your support, LB! :D

I was beginning to think that nobody was picking up on my sense of humor! Hehe - too bad I'm a lousy liar! If anything, the wife is going to suspect that somebody is starting to become a bad influence on me! ;)

AS for the "X2 Rule", she DID spring for the Strat and Hot Rod back when I popped the question 5 years ago and I tried to appease her by settling for cheap acoustic this time around - but I couldn't hold my nose long enough to buy that stinky $200 Fender shoebox that she wanted to buy me for my birthday! Instead we got a new TV and I got a new bicycle. I've been skulking around the local music shops ever since!

Meanwhile, my F360 is an old friend that I will keep on playing until it falls apart - which could be any day by looking at the bridge bubble and neck joint! :eek:

• Members

I'm lucky I guess as my wife has so far been very supportive of my guitar habit. Although I just read out your post LilBro and she said "don't even think about it!!" LOL

As for the GAS, a McCollum baritone would be nice and maybe a nice nylon-string number cuz they're fun. Oh, and I like Kathy Wingert's guitars too - a nice girly 12-fret dread from her would be nice. Apparently she makes them with a smaller waist to suit the ladies, and I kinda like the sound of that.

• Members

I'm in the same scenario as LB. She used to say "oh! thats a pretty one" and 14 years later she doesn't even go in the studio unless I coax her down to hear a new song. Then if she says" Is that one new?" I say "What....that old thing? ...I've had it for years!" (as I hide the receipt!) She knows she can't win with me and my gear, but I do take care of her credit card bills!:D

• Members

My 14 year old Sigma keeps plugging along, and still sounds fine, which is great because I REALLY can't afford another guitar right now. But GOD do I WANT one. I crave one BADLY. Here's my GAS list:

Martin 000-15

I might Like a Larivee OM-03R, or perhaps even a Koa backes one, but I haven't played one.

1971 000-18 (for sentimental reasons, but any old beater 000-18 would really do provided it sounded and played good.)

The 1930 all Koa Martin my mom sold when I was a baby :eek:

A Les Paul Studio preferably with dot inlay.

A nice old minimalist tube amp with trem

Any one of those acoustics would probably satisfy me for a long time. I'm not really that greedy or unrealistic, but I can't forsee even scraping $600 for the 000-15 any time soon :( The good news is anything less than the 000-15 would be pointless because my trusty old Sigma still plays real nice, and couldn't be replaced with anything less than the 000-15. I've played plenty of more expensive guitars that don't make me want to put down the Sigma. the 000-15 was the first one in 12 years to make me want to do that. The first one was a 1938 D-28 :)

• Members

........custom Linda Manzer baritone......along with my Collings, Goodall, & Santa Cruz......:eek::D

........back to reality..........;)

I really am in search (GAS) of a smaller size 000 or OM Martin or Larrivee. I love the solid mahogany beauties from the 5 & 15 series.

On the other end........jumbos.......I'd love to acquire a Gibson J100Xtra...........

...........I'd love to someday own an all Koa guitar........I also want to keep my wife! :eek::D

• Members

I got it BAD . I have been shopping with a buddy the last few weeks for his new baby to replace with 30 year old ? Yamaki. Man there are lots of nice guitars out there but after many hours of trying this and that he came up with the perfect quote "you get what you pay for " Every time you jump $500 the sound just gets better and better regardless of brand , but personal taste plays a part in the brand selection of course. But now I have GAS real bad and no way to buy another guitar but if ..........

(all played in the last 3 days)

Martin D-28 ??? about 3K cdn , not sure of the model but very nice

Louden -again not sure of the # but same price , plus from the old sod.

Gibson -J100 or 200 -only played the 100 but sooo pretty

Gibson CL-45 - cause it was used and I got to play it .

Damm it I want a 3K guitar , I'm nice enough , I'm good enough and I deserve it .

yeah right .

• Members

1940 Martin D-45

2003 Taylor PS10

Martin Stauffer headstock 00-42 reissue

2004 Martin D-45

1953 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop

1958 Gibson Les Paul Cherry Sunburst

1959 Gibson Les Paul Cherry Sunburst

1960 Gibson Les Paul Cherry Sunburst

2004 Martin OM-28JM John Mayer

1995 Martin 000-28ECB

1968 Gibson Les Paul Custon in black with bigsby tremolo

1954 Fender Stratocaster

1948 Fender Broadcaster

Gretsch White Falcon Stephen Stills reissue

1969 Gretsch White Falcon

2004 Tarlor 910

2003 Taylor LKSM6

1997 Martin HD-18JB Jimmy Buffett

2003 Martin 000-JBS Shellback Jimmy Buffett

2003 Martin 000-JBP Pollywog Jimmy Buffett

2003 Breedlove C20 Custom with phoenix inlay

2003 Larrivee L-05MT

2003 Larrivee OM-9

2003 Larrivee Koa Parlor

Martin D-42K

1934 Martin 0-17K

1920's Gibson L-00

2003 Larrivee L-00

Martin D-18DC David Crosby

2003 Paul Reed Smith with Bird inlays

1958 Gibson ES-335

1950 Gibson ES-175

1940's Gibson J-45

Gibson J-200 in Koa

Fender Nocaster

1953 Fender Telecaster

2003 Crafters of TN custom flattop

2003 Olson SJ

2003 Olson James Taylor signature

1967 Gibson Hummingbird w/D'armond single coil pickup

Gibson L-5 jazzbox

2003 Gibson SG

2004 Gibson Les Paul Custom

2002 Gibson Les Paul Elegent

2003 Martin D-18GE

2003 Martin OM-45GE

2003 Martin D-45GE

2003 Martin 000-28GE

2003 Martin D-28GE

last but not least, an all snakewood guitar.

• Members

Guess all I want is a telecaster with noiseless pups. Already have the following:

A fine solid top Yamaha FG 432 dreadnought

A handbuild vigier excaliber indus electric

A solid cedar top nylon string acoustic

I don't hear the difference between a lot of guitars, ofcourse I'll hear the difference between a cedar and spruce top, still that probably where it ends. Instead of getting a {censored}load of guitars, just get a couple of good ones is what I'd say.

• Members

Originally posted by EvilHippy

Martin Stauffer headstock 00-42 reissue

Whoops, meant 00-45. I think it's a 1902 reissue.

More guitars:

Rainsong

Taylor JDCM

Taylor Windham Hill

Martin D-45SS

Martin Graham Nash signature

Martin Johnny Cash signature

Martin J-40

Martin D-40 Brazillian Rosewood

Martin 000-42ECB

Martin 0000-45 custom

Martin M-45 custom

Martin 0-45 custom

Martin J-45

also, I want something different.

I want a miniature pre way style D-45 in the same size as a Baby Taylor.And I want a guitar with an entire fretboard inlay....I mean covered in abalone. And I want a double neck 12 string/6 string Martin D-45.I also want a siamese twin Martin D-45.Meaning conjoined at the bottom of the guitar.One would be 6 string, the other a 12 string.Also, I want a headless Martin D-45 with tuners at the bridge.And...I want some kind of tremolo on a D-45.....two types: a bigsby D-45 and a floyd rose D-45 with a locking nut....:D

And I want a Martin D-45 with two Seymour Duncan Distortion pickups and a built in wah wah.

I am one sick individual ;):D ~E

• Members

Wow! There are some long lists here! I was thinking that there was something wrong with me, but now I don't feel quite nearly as bad! What with it being Xmas and all I was feeling a little selfish. I have a feeling that my wife will come around eventually.

My list is constantly changing as I learn more about the different types of woods, guitar body style, brand names, and even my own playing style. I'm tossed up between a 12-string jumbo and the Taylor grand auditorium right now.

• Members

I've been pining terribly for a 1934 Dobro metal body with the crosshatch soundholes. I used to go into GC and play the thing for hours. But they wanted a butload of money for it (which I'd gladly pay now) and I've since found out they are very rare.......And somebody bought the thing out from under me.......

• Members

I haven't actually narrowed my list down to specifics yet. I need to take a trip to Cotten's or someplace similar for that, some place with a huge inventory. But I've been eyeballing Goodalls for sometime now, as well as Santa Cruz. I want another Breedlove to replace the one I sold. I've also heard good things about Lakewood. Then LB posted the link to Claxton guitars and that got thrown on the list and Traugotts looked pretty nice. I've played various models of the first three, would love to play a Claxton and a Traugott or even a Lakewood. HCAG definitely gives you GAS. I got dizzy looking at some of the lists. The way I hear Carle talk about Marcie has got me thinking about seeing if she has a sister.

Archived