How many women on this forum???

Misha

• Members
Originally posted by ThreeChordMonty

Women with guitars. I like it. I like it a lot.

I love it! Any woman who can pick up a guitar and start wailing is my hero and my one true love....lol

It is simply amazing how so few women play. Such a travesty..:(

• Members

And there's me...been playing acoustic fingerstyle for a loooong time (used to gig at coffeehouses back when there were such things). I started playing electrics a couple of years ago and am taking jazz lessons now. Glad to see there are a few other women here!

Bpamp

• Members

im not a woman im just a pretty gay boy.but most of my favourite guitar players are women.Does that count?I LOVE ANI DIFRANCO.in my humble opinion she can outpick any dude.love all her tunings.also to name a few of my other hero's MELISSA ETHERIDGE,POLLY HARVEY,KAKI KING,JONI MITCHELL,MICHELLE NDEGELLO,MICHELLE SHOCKED,BONNIE RAIT,LUCINDA WILLIAMS and PATTI SMITH.oh and DOLLY PARTON.the riff to 'jolene'is one of the best.and dolly wrote words AND MUSIC!!!!!!!

• Members

Yes despite her eccentricities Dolly Parton is quite talented; voice, and songwriting which is rare. She's also got the coolest sense of humor. You'd never guess it, but whenever she's on Jay Leno or Conan she makes all the best jokes and has no problem with self deprication. Gotta love her..

...she also has a nice rack.

• Members

When someone asks how many women are on the forum and men start posting photographs of deceased actresses, the inevitable conclusion is that there are too few women on this forum.

As long as people are naming accomplished female guitarists, I have to mention Muriel Anderson. If you've never heard her perform, you're missing a lot.

• Members

Originally posted by Herb Hunter

When someone asks how many women are on the forum and men start posting photographs of deceased actresses, the inevitable conclusion is that there are too few women on this forum.

Good point. I'll start a thread.

Originally posted by Herb Hunter

As long as people are naming accomplished female guitarists, I have to mention Muriel Anderson. If you've never heard her perform, you're missing a lot.

I don't think she hangs out here though.

• Members

Hello again!

Sorry if I started a thread and them left for a few days.

My aunt died from cancer last friday. :( The funerals were yesterday. I'm sure she is much better where she is now. She was in a lot of pain during the past weeks.

I'm a little bit tired after all this, but I'm glad to be back here.

As I can see I'm not the only girl here, we are a few! Nice to meet you all! :)

Archived