Pedalboard help please

lespaul1964

• Members

I am a guitar player that has to switch patches by hand, so I try to use pedalboards that do not use vacuum switches, however, I am considering a pedalboard that uses vacuum switches. it is not midi compatible.

I am not a very technical person, so I need a simple way to facilitate switching patches on a vacuum switch by hand, make the switch a little larger and try to make the change easier to the touch. I am thinking of covering the switch with something to accomplish this, but cant think of what. Any ideas on this or any other simple approach to accomplish this?

• Members

Please explain what a vacuum switch is.

A switch like the one on a VACUUM CLEANER. :)

lespaul1964, you know that those are normally activated by stepping on them, right? They're called 'foot switches' and they are designed to be used that way. I don't think there's a ready-made solution, but it wouldn't be too hard to cut out some small wooden disks using a hole saw and then make a smaller hole that fits over the metal plunger on the footswitch.

• Members

That is a good idea, tks.i was paralyzed in a motocross accident, thus the need to switch by hand. I use a gsp 1101 now with a midi controller, very user friendly, but I need the RP 500 for back up.

How would you attach the disks, just snapped on pressure mounted?

• Members

I understand now.

If you're wanting to run that pedal by hand, those foot switches can be hard to press.

You could replace them all withmomentary pushbottons designed for fingers or momentary toggle switches.

Those might be the best bet. momentary toggles are spring loaded and would work like the current momentary buttons

except thay use a level action.

How difficult to replace them would be dependant on the build inside. Some pedlals like that have all the switches separate

and some are pc mount. If they are separate on a harness thay would be simple to swap out. If they are all PC mount

its going to be a bitch.

Archived