I still like playing my acoustic most of the time, but...

kwakatak

• Members

... I went and put strings on my Kramer and have been wanking for the past week. Here I thought I'd grown up! Instead, I've got this pointy 80's relic plugged into my tube amp and have it so loud that I make my little boy cry! His mother would not be amused! :o

BTW - I'd forgotten how frustrating it was to keep electric guitars in tune! :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by dwerlin

dood you make your kid cry? not cool!!!
:mad:

Well, FWIW I stop as soon as his face kind of starts to crimp up or he holds his ears. I've got a Hot Rod Deluxe and fully realize that it's too much amp to play in the house. :o

• Members

Originally posted by kwakatak

Well, FWIW I stop as soon as his face kind of starts to crimp up or he holds his ears.

ok that's better :thu:

i just hope you don't stop when he does that and then 2 minutes later do it again just to see his face!

• Members

LOL - you're a perv, GOOCH! ;)

BTW - wanking is what the kids do in Guitar Center. Even at my age I'm not immune to it but I'm playing some oooollllllld songs and should probably stretch before dive-bombing on the Floyd Rose. I haven't played Panama in years and may have just hurt myself. :freak:

• Members

Well, he got me back: he locked me out of the house last night and I had to go to the neighbors to call my wife to come home and let me in. Ah, the terrible twos!
:(

Maybe he just wanted to wank on your Kramer while you were locked out. Even a 2 they are not stupid.;)

• Members

... I went and put strings on my Kramer and have been wanking for the past week. Here I thought I'd grown up! Instead, I've got this pointy 80's relic plugged into my tube amp and have it so loud that I make my little boy cry! His mother would not be amused! :o

I got a Strat that I occasionally plug into my HRD. It's the only time I can stand in front of the soundhole [amp] while I play. I play mostly clean so I don't have to crank it too much.

I don't know much about torturing the kid or this wanking thing though.

• Members

LOL - you're a perv, GOOCH!
;)

BTW - wanking is what the kids do in Guitar Center. Even at my age I'm not immune to it but I'm playing some oooollllllld songs and should probably stretch before dive-bombing on the Floyd Rose. I haven't played Panama in years and may have just hurt myself.
:freak:

Sorry, my step father was British, so I'm familiar with a lot of their slang. Wanking on your guitar would be rather disgusting LOL

P.S The term "fanny pack" raises a few eyebrows among Brits since a fanny means something very different over there!

• Members

I may have started all this in an earlier post today, in a different thread, having described the guy in the movie "Sideways" "wanking on" about pinot noir. I got that usage from blogger Tim Blair, I think, who is an Aussie. He has used the phrase "wanking on" to describe someone prattling pointlessly about something insignificant.

I also sense that the Brits call someone a "wanker" in much the same way as people of the place and time of my youth (Atlanta GA, 1970s/80s) might have called someone a "jerkoff". It didn't really refer to the actual act of frank-spanking; it was just a general-purpose medium-grade insult. Only directed at other males, of course.

Thanks to Gooch for the highly informative links!

• Members

Originally posted by Dave W.

Maybe he just wanted to wank on your Kramer while you were locked out. Even a 2 they are not stupid.
;)

He doesn't have to lock me out of the house to play my guitars - even if alrady has a couple of his own. Sometimes when I'm playing he'll mute the strings, which gives me the impression that he may grow up to be a music critic. :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Michael Martin

I also sense that the Brits call someone a "wanker" in much the same way as people of the place and time of my youth (Atlanta GA, 1970s/80s) might have called someone a "jerkoff". It didn't really refer to the actual act of frank-spanking; it was just a general-purpose medium-grade insult. Only directed at other males, of course.

Thanks to Gooch for the highly informative links!

Exactly, ...and thanks I do what I can:D It could save you an embarassing conversation if you ever visit the UK. I can imagine my step-dad's response if someone mentioned wanking on their guitar: "Pardon?"

Smoking a fag, however isn't nearly as scandalous as it sounds

...oh and I like the phrase "frank spanking" LOL

Archived