Classical guitarists, UNITE!

Mercer

• Members

Hey, so we can tell who plays classical guitar as well as the others stuff they play , add "classical guitar genre snob" to your signature. (if anybody has a better sig tag, let me know.)

Oh yeah, post yer pics!

(I don't have pics of mine, but it's a concert Navarro classical)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But...but...but...I'm NOT a classical guitar snob. I'm definitely a player, but I love Hendrix and Lowell George (among others), too.

This is horrible, Mercer! I really want to be in a club on this site. And classical guitar's a nice distinction. I'm gonna try to think of another slogan and see what you think.

Then again...we could really stretch it:

"Charter Member of The Royal Academy of Classical Guitar Elitists"

A bit wordy...but it gets the point across. Something along those lines?

• Members

:D

You better keep your shades down when you're showing off those guits, riffmeister.

Give me a while to get a pic of mine.

What about my "slogan"? Don't be shy if you don't like it...:cry:

I...sniff...can ta...sob..ke...it...

• Members

I'm a non-classical, non-flamenco nylonista!

Got a couple of gut stringers: Takamine C132S, some of y'all call this a "real" classical; Alvarez AC60SC, cutaway ac/electr, use this at all my gigs lately; and a Lone Star Del Rio requinto, not a classical but it has nylons.

Just got a Juan Martin flamenco book and having a blast trying not to spill Rioja on it.

Confession: I do play classical pieces at weddings and while hanging around the house. But I think of it as fingerpickin' Bach. :eek:

No pix yet.

• Members
Originally posted by riffmeister

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=10677839

and three more are now in the collection........(yes, I'm crazy)

I've been playing CG for 30+ years........and my fingers are killing me!

(cymbal crash)
:D

sweet guitars....................... exqueeze me while i go wipe the drool off my chin:)

• Members

Let's go with Guitarpick's, it's less. . . genre-snobish. I'm not a snob either (i hope). I love rock, jazz, and blues along with classical guitar, and I just learned how to play the Hendrix version of Red House. My goal with that suggestion was to point out the common thing I've run across among classical guitarists I've met in person. I've met classical guitarists in the Young Artist concert program who have gone so far as to say that Hendrix could never play a classical song to save his life (no joke, real event!).

. . .

. . .

. . . :idea:

I'VE GOT IT!!!

ahemm: "classical guitar, your cat-gut alternative since 1549"

• Members

Originally posted by Freeman Keller

All I can play is Classical Gas. And I gave the git away. Can I join anyway?

Homemadeguitars.jpg

Classicalrosette.jpg

well. . . ok, but only if you build a double-cutaway electric dobro with good fret access and a neck p90 for me:) just kidding (but if that's a possibility for not too much cash I'll take it)

Originally posted by sirlionsandwich

I can play Rumba Improvisado by Paco De lucia.

PACO FOREVER!!!

Have any of you heard of Ali Farka TOure? He did some AWESOME stuff with this other guy Diabate.

• Members

Beautiful guitars, riffmeister.

This one's been my companion for many, many years:

Classical.jpg

And, just like, Freeman: I built that guitar out of the split logs you see in the background. ;)

I'm leaving for Vermont for a couple of weeks. Not much in the way of internet up there. Enjoy the rest of the summer, people!

Bob

• Members

Originally posted by riffmeister

pic of my two favorite Velazquez's......'80 on the left is colorful & muscular, '56 on the right is extra sweet. I'm a very happy camper in the nylon string department these days.....

That '56 ... mm mmm! Betcha the sound is something else.

• Members

Originally posted by Stackabones

That '56 ... mm mmm! Betcha the sound is something else.

Yes, it is quite remarkable. Very warm and sweet but with great note separation. Also, very little effort is required in the RH to get a nice, full sound. Great guitar.......and quite collectible, too!

• Members

I have an old Yamaha G-65 (I think?) and its real fun to play. I'm mainly an electric player but I have been trying to learn some classical stuff. I've only been playing for a year or so so I have a long ways to go but I would love to play classical more proficiently.

Archived