Classical guitarists, UNITE!

Mercer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by riffmeister

Older Rodriguez guitars are highly coveted these days, in the $30K range. I'd love to try (NOT buy!) one sometime......

I owned one of the "B" grade Rodriquezes, and it played and sounded wonderfully. From what I've read, the biggest difference between A and B is that B's have minor flaws, but all the same woods and construction are used. My back seam wasn't exactly centered, that was the only issue.

Don't be afraid of buying a B. You can save a lot of bucks and get a top guitar.

• Members
Originally posted by Bilbo

I owned one of the "B" grade Rodriquezes, and it played and sounded wonderfully. From what I've read, the biggest difference between A and B is that B's have minor flaws, but all the same woods and construction are used. My back seam wasn't exactly centered, that was the only issue.

Don't be afraid of buying a B. You can save a lot of bucks and get a top guitar.

This is probably for a Manuel Rodriguez guitar.

Miguel Rodriguez (and sons) guitars are all hand made (maybe 25 a year, or so) and there are no B grade guitars. The Miguel Rodriguez guitars are the ones which fetch $20K and up. :eek:

Archived