Name That Tune

Sweb

• Members

For you Kottke afficienados, please name this tune. I know it's one of his songs but I can't remember the title or which CD it's on. This is about a 60 second clip. I want to get the CD and learn to play the tune right.

Click here to watch Name-That-Tune-73-17

If anyone is interested, this is a completely dry recording of a Larrivee OO-05 Spruce/Hog thru a Shure SM57.

• Members

Thanks for the listen everyone and positive comments.

Hey, Queequeg, Standing In My Shoes? Is that the CD or the song title? I'll check it out.

JT - Don't I wish.

Wale - Shure SM 57 about 18 inches away pointed at the 10th fret thru a cheap Behringer UB802 and then into the soundcard. The software is Acoustica Mixcraft v2.01. You can get a free download demo. Tuning is Drop D, though Kottke probably uses some other recipe. Mixcraft is very easy to use - don't even need instructions - and has all the FX and mix-down gizmos that can be called up with their stand-alone control panels. I think the software cost me somewhere around 45.00 but I think it's a good'n for the money.

• Members

Originally posted by recordingtrack1

Good job Sweb. That is a real fun piece. I enjoyed it very much.

I have no idea what it is, so I'm sure that queg has it right.

RT1:thu:

Yea, I just re-read his post and saw the title "Cripple Creek". Now I remember it.

Thanks RT1.

• Members

Originally posted by Freeman Keller

Sweb, I agree with eveyone that says "sounds good". As you know, I'm a big Leo fan, but you do it justice and the Larry sounds great. I think it is also on the Anthology and for some reason I thought it was in open D (or a tuned down varient).

Anyway, good job and thanks

Freeman, you are probably right about the tuning. And, it is probably easier to play that way too. I have a tendency to turn mole hills into mountains.

Thanks for the listen and compliment.

Archived