Larrivee

caseykey118

• Members

Have you guys played the new L-03 with sapale back and sides? What is the difference in sound, and will it still record as well? Also, I have to guitars to choose from. An L-03E with mahogany for 820, or an L-03 with sapale for 730.... which one should i get???

• Members

i'd think long and hard about getting anything with onboard electronics... If its absolutely not possible to find a mahogany L sans the E, i'd probably just get the sapele... i think it looks good and i have no reason to believe it doesn't sound very close to mahogany...

• Members

To my ear mind you, there has been no difference in sound. I rather like the sapele color, grain, etc. and find it to be a more appealing and generally speaking 'better' tone wood.

I wouldn't hesitate to have either but enjoy the sapele more given the two. The mahogany one will probably hold value better though since they will become more rare over time. Since I don't purchase guitars for 'collecting' that's not really a facet in my decision making but my buddy purchased one for that reason.

• Members

Damn - I swung by my local Larrivee dealer on the way home from dropping my mom off at the airport and now I've got L-03 gas: ~$770.00 (advertised price) for what looks to be a 2004 or '05 model with hog back/sides and the old style clear pickguard (which I prefer on the hog L).

I played the same guitar about 9 months ago (before my OM-03R arrived on the scene) and it's a fine guitar. The tech who fixed up my Tak works there so I know that if it needs any warranty work the quality will be top-notch.

The problem is that I just got my new guitar for this decade, baby #2 is 4 months away and I'm losing my guitar storage room. :(

Why do I do this to myself? :confused:

• Members
Originally posted by kwakatak

Damn - I swung by my local Larrivee dealer on the way home from dropping my mom off at the airport and now I've got L-03 gas: ~$770.00 (advertised price) for what looks to be a 2004 or '05 model with hog back/sides and the old style clear pickguard (which I prefer on the hog L).

I played the same guitar about 9 months ago (before my OM-03R arrived on the scene) and it's a fine guitar. The tech who fixed up my Tak works there so I know that if it needs any warranty work the quality will be top-notch.

The problem is that I just got my new guitar for this decade, baby #2 is 4 months away and I'm losing my guitar storage room.
:(

Why do I do this to myself?
:confused:

lay away an option? you'd at least be taking it off the market for a while and you never know what'll happen financially...

• Members

Originally posted by Cldplytkmn

lay away an option? you'd at least be taking it off the market for a while and you never know what'll happen financially...

Sorry, it's not an option. My eye was just wandering, that's all. I should be happy with what I've got.

• Members

The problem is that I just got my new guitar for this decade, baby #2 is 4 months away and I'm losing my guitar storage room.
:(

I always wondered how somebody goes about becoming a hobo. This explanation is as clear as any I've read.
much obliged, My Kwak!

• Members

Because, subconsciously, you really want another Larri for the new baby. Your OM-03R will someday be handed down to your firstborn. Of course you simply do not want your other child to feel left out. Naturally you want to play it fair, and this means a second Larri. Or... as a shrewd parent, you realize that South American mahogany is about a breath away from CITES protection and a hop, skip and jump from almost complete unavailability. By the time your kids are ready for college, that hog Larri will be worth a frickin' fortune... Tuition money, baby.

Think your wife might buy one of those arguments? Probably not, huh? Gave it a shot...

• Members

Originally posted by knockwood

Because, subconsciously, you really want another Larri for the new baby. Your OM-03R will someday be handed down to your firstborn. Of course you simply do not want your other child to feel left out. Naturally you want to play it fair, and this means a second Larri. Or... as a shrewd parent, you realize that South American mahogany is about a breath away from CITES protection and a hop, skip and jump from almost complete unavailability. By the time your kids are ready for college, that hog Larri will be worth a frickin' fortune... Tuition money, baby.

Think your wife might buy one of those arguments? Probably not, huh? Gave it a shot...

All good points knock, but they're not gonna fly with my wife. I've gotta scratch a lot of things off my honey do lists before she'll even consider letting me buy a new toy.

Archived