amplifying a nylon string guitar ??

arcadesonfire

• Members

I'm getting a clip-on mic soon. It sounded excellent in the music shop where I tried it out. However, I usually play in a thoroughly acoustic context with only a bit of amplification; competing with the stage volumes of a rock band could be an entirely different matter.

• Members

I'm getting a clip-on mic soon. It sounded excellent in the music shop where I tried it out. However, I usually play in a thoroughly acoustic context with only a bit of amplification; competing with the stage volumes of a rock band could be an entirely different matter.

Yeah, I'm thinking in a rock volume situation, he's going to need something along the lines of a semi-solid-bodied a/e classical....more like this:

Chet-Studio-CEC-lg.jpg

Otherwise, it'll likely be feedback city!

• Members

Yeah, I'm thinking in a rock volume situation, he's going to need something along the lines of a semi-solid-bodied a/e classical....more like this:

Otherwise, it'll likely be feedback city!

Yep, Terry's right. Take a look at this too the Line 6 Variax 300 classical guitar.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&g=guitar&base_pid=511675&index=0

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Variax-300-Nylon-String-Classical-Guitar-with-Synth?sku=511675

------------------------------------------

K&K pick-ups are perfect for solo or acoustic type ensembles, but playing your classical git in a rock band, take a look at RMC pickups.

In your nylon-string or steel-string acoustic guitar application, they suggest

using :

Acoustic Gold Tall pickup 6 saddles $250.MSRP

and either

Poly-Drive IV on-board polyphonic preamp $250.MSRP

with optional preamp cover plate $20.MSRP

(The cover plate is optional since some builders prefer to make individual

openings for the controls instead of making a single cutout.)

or

Poly-Drive II GVM remote polyphonic preamp $350.MSRP (Preamp clip on your belt deal, no need to cut up your guitar) :)

or

BMT220G on-board mono preamp ($115.MSRP) for applications which do not

require polyphonic operation.

RMC pickup systems require installation by a professional luthier or guitar

repair technician in order to ensure that the pickup system and the guitar

are optimized for superior MIDI tracking and a great amplified sound. Proper

adjustment of the nut, bridge and neck relief as well as accurate fret

leveling are particularly important to avoid glitches in the converter

output data stream.

http://www.rmcpickup.com/

The RMC pickup cost; it maybe cost affective to buy a chambered body, solid body classical for about the same price. Just a thought.

Trina

• Members

K&K pure western mini is what I put in my Lucida lg777 and it works fine sounds great...

I've also used the K&K. If you truly can't make the external mic thing work- which is very likely the case in a rock band- the K&K is probably the best way to go.

• Members

I've also used the K&K. If you truly can't make the external mic thing work- which is very likely the case in a rock band- the K&K is probably the best way to go.

Wondering when you'd stop in! If I recall correctly, you've been in many situations amplifying nylons.

K&K, huh? Keep hearing that one tossed around. Nothing but good stuff.

Seems like the order goes--

1. Mic

2. K&K or similar

3. Solid-body nylon-string

4. Use instrument as rock prop

889. Piezo

:D

• Members

Should he have any concerns of "cutting" through to be heard Eric? At higher volumes my K&K sounds a bit boomy. Last week I played along side a choir of 30 which included two electric guitarist, electric bass player, organ, and piano players. Had some feedback issues........ Arcadesonfire rock band maybe an acoustic rock band, maybe it won't be that much of an issue.

Trina

Archived