NOS Larrivee L-03 sitting ignored in local shop

kwakatak

• Members

About a year ago and shortly before I received my Larrivee OM-03R I came upon a NOS Larrivee L-03 (maple bindind, 1.75" nut but with the old style clear pickguard so I figure that it's probably a 2005 model) and gave it a spin. I wasn't expecting much, but I gotta say it planted the seeds of GAS for a hog L.

Well, fast forward to just a couple of days ago. I was free from the house (been stuck at home since the baby came) and happened to be in that neck of the woods again so I decided to swing by that music shop again. Well, lo and behold but that same L-03 was still on the wall with a price tag that is below MAP.

Naturally, it got me to thinking and coming up with points for and against the purchase. I know that my wife would never go for it (she says it distracts me from giving the kids attention and we just had a baby besides) but the little devil on the other shoulder is telling me that there's the potential for haggling the price down with the store.

For starters, it's been on the wall for well over a year. During that time who knows how many people have handled it? I didn't check for dings because my hands were shaking too bad from the GAS but I figure it's gotta have some. Add to that the fact that it's now on the open floor (I don't know how long) because they're remodeling their acoustic room.

What's a guy to do? :freak:

• Members

I don't know why this particular guitar is still there. The shop used to be an authorized dealer and had as many as 6-7 different models at one time. They're all gone - even a lefty L-03 - but for some reason this one remains.

FWIW I didn't play it the other day, so I don't know what kind of shape it's in. They're having a clearance sale this week though so pretty much everything is marked down.

• Members

geeze, Kwak, come on. think outside the box. how many new dads have come home with ball gloves and bats and footballs and all that kind of nonsense for their new sons and make their wives beam with pride? getting the new little guy a Larrivee seems like just the right move.

hey- I tried, dammit.

• Members

geeze, Kwak, come on. think outside the box. how many new dads have come home with ball gloves and bats and footballs and all that kind of nonsense for their new sons and make their wives beam with pride? getting the new little guy a Larrivee seems like just the right move.

hey- I tried, dammit.

Ha, I can empathize with Neil. My kids are older now (14, 12, 8), and the younger two play guitar, but in the early days.... Now my wife just complains that my guitars detract from the attention I give to her....:eek:

• Members

hey- I tried, dammit.

Gee, I was gonna use the reason (or excuse) that I needed a guitar for performing in church with. Not only would I be sleeping on the couch, I'd probably get struck by lightning though. :o

Well, in all honesty I haven't even mentioned it to her. I suppose I could let it slip in casual conversation but I doubt that would do anything but annoy her because that would be deceptive of me. I was supposed to be heading straight home after dropping my mom off at the airport - but she knows that I've been looking for an excuse to drop by that store. ;)

I guess I could sleep it off and let it slide though. I'm thinking that an LV-05 with a K&K PW would be more to my liking anyway. :freak:

Archived