Larrivee Guitars are Pretty Sensitive to Humidity

hammergjh

• Members

plus a Gretsch 6120, an Eastman archtop, a National Delphi, 2 Dobros, La Patrie nylon, a Baby Taylor and a very old parlor made in Philadelphia.

ww6.jpg

It's not such poor compensation, on the whole. It's something you love. What most people get is just older. Youth is meant to be pissed away (or so I keep telling myself during weeping jags). Revel in that massive git stack! Put 'em all in a big pile on the livingroom floor and roll around in those fuckers!

• Members

plus a Gretsch 6120, an Eastman archtop, a National Delphi, 2 Dobros, La Patrie nylon, a Baby Taylor and a very old parlor made in Philadelphia. (that's what happens when you get old and your kids are grown and you live alone.)

I used to have gas but funny thing, I dont get it any more.

it's small compensation for giving up one's youth.

but it beats a blank.

oh- the 2 is silent.

Didn't you sell 3 or 4 guitars last year?

Impressive collection. :thu:

• Members

I sold a gibson LG0, the CFM 00-15, a nylon yamaha, a johnson resonator, and a gretsch 6122jr, plus I gave away a little mitchell nyon.

the sales financed the acquisition of larrivees 00-60 and P-09.

all of this self indulgience is just a tad embarrassing and it is the reason I have not revealed the extent of my gratuitous consumption in the past.

:whisper:

• Members

plus a Gretsch 6120, an Eastman archtop, a National Delphi, 2 Dobros, La Patrie nylon, a Baby Taylor and a very old parlor made in Philadelphia. (that's what happens when you get old and your kids are grown and you live alone.)

I used to have gas but funny thing, I dont get it any more.

it's small compensation for giving up one's youth.

but it beats a blank.

oh- the 2 is silent.

Probably not a good idea to post your home address on the internet ;)

• Members

Probably not a good idea to post your home address on the internet
;)

Did I mention that as a small boy growing up in the east, I learned how to identify and personalize my property and otherwise mark my territory...

from the family dog. :D

• Members

I had a Larry D-05 for a couple of years and actually thought it less sensitive to humidity than many other guitars (I pretty much had the same ones in my sig at the time).

Yep. My OM-05 is pretty rugged. Not that I've let it dry out. Conversely, I overhumidified it for years in the winter, without any ill effects. I think the braces are fairly thick on it, which may make a difference.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

It was finally delivered yesterday to the acoustic guitar shop where I bought it from. 3 months after I initially brought it in for a problem. 3 {censored}ing months. It had to go back to Larrivee in Calif for the warranty repair and they didn't even cover it under warranty.

Yay.

Oh, I have no time to pick it up before Saturday.

• Members

3 months sounds pretty typical for turn-around time.

Question is, did they repair it (albeit, @ your expense)?

Or is it being returned to you "as is"?

You know that old saying about an ounce of prevention...

If you don't want to invest in a hygrometer and a humidifier, buy a laminate or a synthetic.

• Members

3 months sounds pretty typical for turn-around time.

Question is, did they repair it (albeit, @ your expense)?

Or is it being returned to you "as is"?

You know that old saying about an ounce of prevention...

If you don't want to invest in a hygrometer and a humidifier, buy a laminate or a synthetic.

Nope, I paid. 125 bucks. I authorized the repair at my expense at the factory. As I stated earlier in this thread my Seagull never exhibited any humidity issues. Solid topped only, though.

Archived