OK, so if Queequeg can do it...

kwakatak

• Members

Well, it looks like the video is up:

My first impression is that my voice is "pitchy", my projection a little on the meek side and the unplugged sound of my guitar a little thin. Can't do more with my vocals than practice more in the shower (and run up the water bill) and build up my nerve. OTOH, I've been thinking about putting a K&K on that Larrivee. Money's tight though so if I did scrape up enough I wouldn't be able to get a PADI to boost it.

• Members
My first impression is that that was a joy to listen to, start to finish. Your voice has a nice husk to it. Those were two great song choices.

Thanks, brahmz. I should mention that I've had strep throat though. Don't worry - I'd taken my antibiotics that day! :p

• Members
GAH I'm at work and can't listen.
:mad:
But it looks really nice, haha. That Larri looks great. Shiny.

Ellen

Ellen, you need to get a set of headphones with a long cord like I used to do when I was working at a mortgage bank. I even used to take in a set of my own speakers and hook them up. Even though they were pretty cheap with regards to hardware their PC's all had sound cards. As for the noise, everybody was doing it so it was kind of OK.

BTW, my Larri's an 03R so it's not shiny at all. It's got a nice prominent grain with lots of silking though. Maybe that's what you're seeing?

• Members
Ellen, you need to get a set of headphones with a long cord like I used to do when I was working at a mortgage bank. I even used to take in a set of my own speakers and hook them up. Even though they were pretty cheap with regards to hardware their PC's all had sound cards. As for the noise, everybody was doing it so it was kind of OK.

BTW, my Larri's an 03R so it's not shiny at all. It's got a nice prominent grain with lots of silking though. Maybe that's what you're seeing?

The pickguard was shiny, at least. :D I actually can't really listen to music because I'm on the phone half the time and there's customers everywhere and I'm kind of supposed to keep it quiet. Its a little boring.

Ellen

Archived