George and Paul, an acoustic version of;

daklander

• Members

That is so amazing. They really worked so well together. I love the little blues lick George throws in at the end of Homeword Bound

If I am not mistaken that episode also featured the classic SNL skit were George Harrison tries to collect part of his "payment" from the shows producer Lorne Michaels who had offered the Beatles $3,000 to appear on the show. Lorne Michaels won't give him any money because he says to an idignant George that the deal was for all "four Beatles". George is upset and feels he should get his $750...:D Classic stuff...great music.

Thanks daklander!

• Members

Yep, I saw that when it originally aired. George was on SNL plugging his album 33 1/3. I think George was trying to collect the whole $3,000.00, which was a funny in-joke, because the Beatles had, around that time, been offered upwards of 50 million to reunite for a one-off show.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

Yep, I saw that when it originally aired. George was on SNL plugging his album 33 1/3. I think George was trying to collect the whole $3,000.00, which was a funny in-joke, because the Beatles had, around that time, been offered upwards of 50 million to reunite for a one-off show.

Cheers,

Glenn

Yes and according to urban legend all 4 Beatles were in NYC and did show up at the studio the night that Lorne Michaels offered them the $3,000 but they arrived too late.

I am not sure if it's true or not...:freak:

• Members

Yes and according to urban legend all 4 Beatles were in NYC and did show up at the studio the night that Lorne Michaels offered them the $3,000 but they arrived too late.

I am not sure if it's true or not...
:freak:

From a few Lennon interviews I read it was just John and Paul talking about it but never actually getting as far as getting a cab.

Archived