My Epiphone C70ce reborn

Crab_Cake

• Members

So I have had this epiphone classical that I bought on Ebay when I was 16 or 17.

I paid $200 for it w/HSC.

I fooled around with it for a while but never really used it too much.

Well I pulled it out of the case today and was tooling around a little. I went ahead and restrung it (which I havnt done for 4 years)

And wow it sounded damn good.

I checked the serial and it was actually made back in 1994.

I also did some serious poking around with the strings off and it actually has a solid spruce top! I was floored since I thought that it was a laminate this whole time.

It also has nice rosewood back and sides.

Ill post a picture tomorrow. Though I am wicked excited. Its almost like having a brand new guitar. :lol:

• Members

So I have had this epiphone classical that I bought on Ebay when I was 16 or 17.

I paid $200 for it w/HSC.

I fooled around with it for a while but never really used it too much.

Well I pulled it out of the case today and was tooling around a little. I went ahead and restrung it (which I havnt done for 4 years)

And wow it sounded damn good.

I checked the serial and it was actually made back in 1994.

It seems you can still buy one on Ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-C70CE-Classical-Cutaway-Acoustic-Elect-Guitar_W0QQitemZ360037949231QQihZ023QQcategoryZ33023QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem?refid=store

Phew, for a minute there I thought you were talking about me being reborn...:)

• Members

It seems you can still buy one on Ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-C70CE-Classical-Cutaway-Acoustic-Elect-Guitar_W0QQitemZ360037949231QQihZ023QQcategoryZ33023QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem?refid=store

Phew, for a minute there I thought you were talking about me being reborn...
:)

yah its the same one. though mine looks cooler, it doesn't have the epiphone E at the headstock and the sound-hole sticker is much cooler.

• 11 years later...
  • Members
18 hours ago, MASTER OF ZERO said:

I wouldn't be to happy the company is own by Gibson.. But it's made over seas.. its consider a El Cheapo.. Its a great toy guitar to give to a child... No serious guitarist could play it with out being laughed at 

A direct response to 

“C’mon, most of these one-post-wonders, and there are hundreds, either bitch about a Gibson competitor, laud business connected to Gibson, or post in languages most in the Western world are familiar with.

I can’t be the only one, but if I am, the rest of you are not sufficiently cynical.  And ferchrissake, ALL of you are pretty damn cynical most of the time!“

from the Fender thread.  It’s still fun to read though.

Archived