Can anyone identify this Guild?

Glenn F

• Members

Rosewood Dred, Sitka top, Ebony ffretboard and bridge, black headstock, G-shield, gold tuners, black pick guard, white binding around top and fretboard, why not a early D55 ?
I think I have heard the older Westerly built units had no sea shells around the sound hole.
Dale.

• Members

Rosewood Dred, Sitka top, Ebony ffretboard and bridge, black headstock, G-shield, gold tuners, black pick guard, white binding around top and fretboard, why not a early D55 ?

I think I have heard the older Westerly built units had no sea shells around the sound hole.

Dale.

You may be right about it being a D-55.

• Members

Dale.

:thu: That's a D55. Dales right about early D55's not having sea shells around the sound hole; I want to say Guild started doing that in 78? Someone in Photo Gear sticky has a D55 like that one.

Trina

• Members

Thanks for your replies, guys. I wish I could get my hands on a guitar like that one again. I was 16 that year, and I think this was the best guitar I had played up to that point, and probably a few years beyond, too.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members
The D-55 may be the best $2000 USD value on the market. Nothing sounds like it. Nothing plays like it.

Compare it with comparably-priced Gibsons, Taylors or Martins and see what you think.

For the cash, it really is hard to beat.

I never really preferred guitars with rosewood back/sides. Only two guitars have been exceptions -- Martin OM-21 and a Guild D-55.

There are smooth guitars, and then there are smoooooooooooth guitars. D-55's get the extra o's...and I may be short changing 'em a few. :D

Archived