Acoustic Preamp

• Members

I wouldn't have a problem with the Baggs but I've found the K&K XLR pre amp works best with the K&K pickups. Match pre amp to pickup.

I don't doubt the quality of the K&K XLR because the K&K pickups are so good. All I can say is that I bought the Baggs PADI at the same time as I bought the K&K and once I got it dialed in on the settings I prefer, it works great. I really can't imagine my 2 gits sounding better.

• Members

I ordered both the K&K and the Baggs and tried them for 2 gigs. The K&K was easier to use and sounded better with the K&K passive pickups. If I was using any other pickup I'd go with the Baggs but I've found the K&K works best with the K&K passive.

• Members

I think that's down to the Baggs having a ten megaohm input impedance.

Those K&K pickups have alot of bass output,sometimes overwhemingly, and having a bit of loading at the input like K&K's preamp do rolls off some bass without having to Eq the hell out of it.

That's why the baggs works so well with other pickups, whereas the K&K isn't as suitable for other piezos.

I have the sunrise buffer box, and I actually prefer the padi with my sunrise pickup, it has a wider range and I like the way the mid and notch work together.

• Members

Hey guys im looking for a good preamp for my Taylor 414ce.... any sugestions???

Your Taylor already has a preamp in it, although I'm not sure which one it is. If you could let us know a little more about the electronics already in your Taylor, that will help.

• Members

Your Taylor already has a preamp in it, although I'm not sure which one it is. If you could let us know a little more about the electronics already in your Taylor, that will help.

Also why you want a pre-amp as well...

Archived