Accumulating cheap guitars

happy-man

• Members

I just snagged another Yamaha on eBay (a F-325), and the last one I bought, a F-335, hasn't even arrived yet! Got them for a price that I can resell them and not lose (if I do it locally and don't ship).

I wanted to replace my keep-at-work Samick with a Yammie. I got the Samick for $50, and a guy at work told me Friday he'd give me $80 for it. That will save me a craigslist ad. I'll keep the better of the 2 Yamahas (one black, one natural) and sell the other. Get to practice more set up work! I've even got a bone saddle blank sitting around.

Scott O

• Members

I am a big fan of cheapos and oddballs. Playing a '60 Harmony Sovreign right now. I think the appeal is that expensive guitars are supposed to sound good, so when a cheap one sets up to play well and sounds good to boot, it's a pleasant surprise. I think it also confuses the snobs, and that's always worth it.

• Members

My #1 is my Harmony Sovereign 1260 - my first guitar, bought in '69. Needs a neck reset, but still has its beautiful voice. :love:

Scott - take the crappy pickguard off that black Yammie! You won't believe how pretty it looks without it. :thu:

Archived