7 String

mrmarc772

• Members

I'm not aware of any other double G string 7-string than the McGuinn signature CF Martin.

McGuinn's guitars (the 7-string CFM, his 12-string Rick a 12-string CFM and a banjo) went for a ride in my car, along with Roger & his wife Camilla when they were in Ann Arbor a few weeks ago.

• Members

I'm not aware of any other double G string 7-string than the McGuinn signature CF Martin.

McGuinn's guitars (the 7-string CFM, his 12-string Rick a 12-string CFM and a banjo) went for a ride in my car, along with Roger & his wife Camilla when they were in Ann Arbor a few weeks ago.

There's a passable knock-off of the McGuinn signature CF Martin in the current Ventura line for (I think I recall it being) around $450...solid top, laminated b/s. Played nicely enough.

A buddy of mine had one in his music store for a while.

• Members

About a year ago someone gave me the HD-7, a really wonderful guitar. Before that I had played one but was never going to pay that kind of money and Freeman Keller on this forum found this article on converting a six to a seven:

http://www.shadetreeguitars.com/ARTICLES/hi_lo_prinzi.html

I had bought a Washburn to convert to this and then I got the HD-7. If you want to do this, you'll need to find the right guitar to do it: I took a mirror and flashlight around and looked to see if what I was looking at had a big enough bridgeplate inside to take the extra peg behind the others, as well as a bridge. You'd be amazed how many guitars don't have this. The Washburn with the "butterfly" bridge did.

Archived