ELECOUSTIC

Stackabones

• Members

I came across this word over at Urban Dictionary:

A term used to describe an electric guitar that is being played without an amplifier, or "unplugged." It's still an electric guitar, but without the distortion and volume that the amp provides it sounds more like an acoustic.

Lenny's neighbors called the cops to complain about his late night guitar solos, so now he has to go elecoustic.

I started out on electric guitar, but I'd rarely plug in when playing around the house. Now that I'm mainly playing acoustic, nothing has changed -- I rarely plug in when I'm home.

• Members

I would have come up with "electroustic". Sounds more like an electric to me.

Ele-Coustic sounds more to me like a description of a girl playing acoustic solo.

You mean "electrocoustic"? I do like that way better than "elecoustic". That word sounds too much like "Telecoustic", that misbegotten Fender thing (cousin of "Stratocoustic").

• Members

You mean "electro
c
oustic"? I do like that way better than "elecoustic". That word sounds too much like "Telecoustic", that misbegotten Fender thing (cousin of "Stratocoustic").

I like it, but 5 syllables is a lot to expect people to verbalize.;)

• Members

Sometimes I've been known to play my Strat unplugged in the half-bathroom downstairs. Not quite acoustic IMO though I'd put its unplugged tone against any Ovation.

Hmm, maybe I should put a custom rosewood scratchguard on it? I wonder what kind of tone I'd get? Maybe I should float that idea over at HCEG and see what kind of responses I'd get? :poke:

BTW - I'm semi-serious here. I have a friend nearby who was making a replacement pickguard for his old Yammie acoustic out of EIR. The model number eludes me but the original pickguard (which looked like something off a Hummingbird) got all warped and so he peeled it off. he showed me a couple of his replacement attempts and it was coming along pretty good. I wonder if he could do something similar with a Strat SSS-config scratchguard? :idea:

Archived