Christ I hate it when this happens

SDshirtman

• Members

I restrung my 12 string tonight with a set of nano elixirs I've been wanting to try. I figured they would last a while because sometimes my 12 doesnt get the attention it wants and just sits in the case.

I hate changing strings on that thing but after a few beers I finally get everything changed & tuned up to pitch.

I start playing for a few minutes and I'm stoked cause I havent played my 12 in a while and its sounding sweet.

Life is good.

I stop for a second to stretch and settle the strings down by gently tugging them like I always do and then *POP* my high G string breaks.

I haven't had that happen in years and it just really pissed me off. Especially after shelling out $25 bucks for set of strings.

I hadn't pitched the last set yet and salvaged the high G but now I have 11 new strings and one old one. It aint the end of the world but it still pisses me off. Anyone know where I can buy just one nano Elixir .009 G string?

:confused::mad::facepalm:

• Members

Been there, done that...too many times. Now, when I order sets of Elixrs for my 12 strings, I usually order a couple of extra single .009s, .010s and such. I got a tip on the forum a couple of weeks ago to use a .010 instead of the .009 for the octave G and might try that on the next restring.

• Members
Broken G strings seem quite common with Elixirs. I tried them too but after breaking two strings within an hour I decided to go back to the $5 D'Addario's.

Been there too.
After IKE, had to change all my guitars strings
I ended poping to G strings in a row. :mad:
I also done the switch to D'Addarios for my 12 string.:thu:

Archived