Funny for the day

rwe416

• Members

I'm probably setting myself up for ridicule for being so niave, but...

What's the deal with Estaban guitars? I've never seen one in person. Are they built poorly? Made of particle board? I know they have a universally terrible reputation, but I honestly don't understand why that's so. Are they like First Act guitars? Those I HAVE seen at WalMart.

What do they cost? Is $275 three times the original cost or do they really sell for that new? There have seen several posted here (usually from Craigslist ads) for $200-$400. Are people trying to get their money back out of them or are they trying to sell $50 guitars for those prices?

• Members
I'm probably setting myself up for ridicule for being so niave, but...

What's the deal with Estaban guitars? I've never seen one in person. Are they built poorly? Made of particle board? I know they have a universally terrible reputation, but I honestly don't understand why that's so. Are they like First Act guitars? Those I HAVE seen at WalMart.

What do they cost? Is $275 three times the original cost or do they really sell for that new? There have seen several posted here (usually from Craigslist ads) for $200-$400.
Are people trying to get their money back out of them or are they trying to sell $50 guitars for those prices
?

They are not worth the money that Esteban flogs them for on his infomercial. In fact...they are not even worth the cost of shipping. I have seen 2 up close...one was the worst piece of crap I have ever seen. The second one was an acoustic/electric and it was "dead" sound wise and I think they both had painted on fingerboards. I mean they had black paint on them to look like real ebony or rosewood....:freak:

Basically your Walmart First Act is about the same....or maybe even better.

• Members

Thanks for the edumacation. My son bought a First Act guitar at a garage sale for his 3 year old daughter. It really is a piece of work. The thing that struck me was that everything about it was rough from the finish to the fingerboard. It's barely playable. It feels like the toy it was bought to be. That, and IIRC, the top is particle board. I didn't know if Estabans were of the same calibre or what. I've seen a few cheap guitars (and own a couple) but at least they're built properly and playable.

Archived