EXP String Deal Alert!

rjoxyz

• Members

Strings and Beyond is currently running a "2 for 1" special on D'Addario EXP's, bringing them down to about $5.50/set. As always, free shipping on orders over $35. Promo code is EXPBOGO (I think) as shown on their site.

Their deals usually don't last long, so if interested, act fast.

• Members

The 12-string sets are still 19.95.
:cry:

I would double check. I did not see a disrinction between 6 and 12 string sets. You have to go thru the check out process, apply the code and it will show as a $.01 savings. They then toss in the extra sets with the order. You will not see the price reduction on the total.

• Members

I would double check. I did not see a disrinction between 6 and 12 string sets. You have to go thru the check out process, apply the code and it will show as a $.01 savings. They then toss in the extra sets with the order. You will not see the price reduction on the total.

I went to the Strings & Beyond website and then clicked on the graphic for the strings. It showed all the varieties and their prices. I saw the baseline 6 strings for 12.99.

This is the page: http://www.stringsandbeyond.com/daddario-exp-sale.html

• Members

I went to the Strings & Beyond website and then clicked on the graphic for the strings. It showed all the varieties and their prices. I saw the baseline 6 strings for 12.99.

This is the page:

Looks like 12 string sets should be included given promo mention at bottom of page. If in doubt, call them---they are extremely customer service oriented.

• Members

Thank you very much for the heads-up, rjoxyz! I just ordered a few sets and some picks. Appreciate it!

You're welcome, I don't use EXP's that often, but get their promo emails and decided to get a couple sets with my order. They almost always throw in a few picks with my order. It's definitely worth getting on their email list--periodically offer good specials. Their prices are in line with most places and lower than most on some things.

It dawned on me today to post this when I thought about how often I read people here singing the praises of EXP's. At this price, they are cheaper than Martin SPs and D'Addario EJ's.

• Members

I don't use EXP's very often either. I prefer the Nano PB's.

They sound better and last longer on my guitars.

I may spring for some Elixirs at 12.95 though.

UPDATE: I ordered 2 sets of EXP's for my arch top.

That means they should send me 4. But 4 never showed up

on the order form. I entered the coupon code, expbogo.

It still didn't double the order.

We'll see if it's still 2 for 1.

I also bought some Elixir PB's for my F-65ce.

• Members

I've only used one set of EXPs, and it was sort of accidental. They did last a long time, and for my one guitar that gets lots of use, its a real time saver to not change them so often. That said, I'm one of the weird ones who actually likes to change strings; I just can't pass up a 2-for-1 deal!

• Members

I don't use EXP's very often either. I prefer the Nano PB's.

They sound better and last longer on my guitars.

I may spring for some Elixirs at 12.95 though.

UPDATE: I ordered 2 sets of EXP's for my arch top.

That means they should send me 4. But 4 never showed up

on the order form. I entered the coupon code, expbogo.

It still didn't double the order.

We'll see if it's still 2 for 1.

I also bought some Elixir PB's for my F-65ce.

You should see a $.01 promo discount in the subtotal. That indicates the deal is included. The sight says they will add the extra sets to your order when shipped.

Shipping to Viet Nam must be outrageous!

Archived