Best strap-lock options on a Fishman-type strap button/jack?

irishstu

• Members

Hi all,

Do any of you have any recommendations for strap-locking options for an acoustic with an under-saddle Fishman-type pickup, with one of those jacks that is also the strap button?

To be more specific, it's a Martin Thinline 332, like this:

martin-thinline332.jpg

Thanks,

Stu

• Members

Everybody wants a strap lock to secure the strap. I want one like the Schallers on my electric that provide for quick-release. I guess the only way I'll ever have that is to separate the jack from the endpin/strap lug.

• Members

Your best options at this time are Melandy's StrapKeeper, a second button or a C clip. That StrapKeeper damn sure looks interesting though. I'll have to have a gander at the local guitar shop to see if they carry them. However, the premise is the same as using a C clip with the only differences the extra bit of leather and the C clip material.

• Members

I sat there and watched as John Hall dropped his Martin OM on it's head while onstage at the Pete Seeger birthday concert last night.

It was at the end when everyone was onstage for the finale. The were enjoying the applause at the end when it happened. He had the guitar hanging upside down behind his back and the endpin let go. I could hear the crunch in Section 106. Wasn't pretty.

• 7 years later...
  • Members

I just screwed a carabiner using an electrical cable clamp to my tail block. I can repel with my guitar, or even sky dive using a wireless system (of course) and sometimes when SCUBA diving I can using my all carbon fiber git as a flag buoy when drift diving.

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_pod21/dw/image/v2/AAKN_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-bdel/default/dwaad1abaf/products/carabiners_draws/S16/210275_RockLock_Screwgate_Carabiner_web.jpg?sw=472

Archived