I've been playing my mandolin more than mu guitars lately.

KATMAN

• Members

I still can't play but three chords,G,C,and D.But it's fun,small and I'm getting better with time.I can also pick out songs and a few leads.I'll never give up on guitar playing,but I love the mandolin,even if it a cheapy. I would love to get a good one,if I ever get any money. I think I'm hooked!

• Members

I still can't play but three chords,G,C,and D.But it's fun,small and I'm getting better with time.I can also pick out songs and a few leads.I'll never give up on guitar playing,but I love the mandolin,even if it a cheapy. I would love to get a good one,if I ever get any money. I think I'm hooked!

Glad to hear you two are hitting it off. I know the feeling well! :thu:

• Members

I know the feeling, KATMAN. I went through the same thing a couple of years ago. I started out with a little "A" style Johnson that wasn't all that bad once I "tweaked" it a little. Then, about a year ago, I found a Rover RM-75, "F" style, in brand new condition, with a "Travelite" case that sells for about $70, on my local craigslist. Got the mando AND case for $175!! Great little mandolin. They normally sell for around $475 without the case, so I was thrilled to get it at $175. The case AND mandolin are both in like new condition.

Keep on pickin' and keep your eyes peeled on craigslist. I've seen lots of good deals lately.

Archived