well kept secrets out there?

Eclepto Funk

• Members

T brace? WTF?

Good question. It's patent pending!

I've checked out Crafters at my local luthiers. I think the bracing pattern is the standard X, but they do a different trimming of the brace legs. There's material removed from the width, except at the bracing ends and intersections.

Kind of like an I-beam, but different.

• Members

I'd suggest a Parker P6E. You can find them on eBay for under $450. They are definitely different, but are incredible guitars. Mine has become the standard I judge other acoustics by.

There aren't any videos of the P6E on YouTube, but there are of the P8E. Different wood combinations, but all the same options. The following video is one of several this guy has made, and they give you an idea of what Parker acoustics can do.

[YOUTUBE]oRQFA3iY0zo[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

The Seagull Mariner SWS is a nice guitar...I damn near bought one this week. The deal fell through. They sell for $700 new, but there are some on E-bay for less. A lot of guys in Florida like Takimines, and the prices are all over the place...check out a Sam Ash or GC locally and plug some in.

Generally I prefer buying a nice sounding acoustic, and then electrifying it.

Oh yeah, check out your local Craigslist. I have found some sweet guitars that way.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived