Card Carrying Guitarist!

bigald18

• Members

I registered my new 000-15 with Martin and lo and behold what shows up in the mail but an official original owner Martin ID card with the serial number on it! I immediately put it in my wallet with such lesser importance cards as my insurance cards, drivers license, social security card, etc. I'm sure that the next time I get pulled over the cop is going to ask me for my license and my 000-15 Martin owners card! Even at the doctors office, they ask to photocopy my card for their records. I don 't know how I lived without it all these years!

BigAl :facepalm:

• Members
I registered my new 000-15 with Martin and lo and behold what shows up in the mail but an official original owner Martin ID card with the serial number on it! I immediately put it in my wallet with such lesser importance cards as my insurance cards, drivers license, social security card, etc. I'm sure that the next time I get pulled over the cop is going to ask me for my license and my 000-15 Martin owners card! Even at the doctors office, they ask to photocopy my card for their records. I don 't know how I lived without it all these years!

BigAl
:facepalm:

Good for you, Big Al. I'd also bet you've got an AARP and a D.O.M.A. card. (Dirty Old Men of America). I've had one of those for about 20 years now.

• Members
AARP - Yes

Dirty Old Man Card - Not Me!!!

BigAl
:rolleyes:

Oh Yea, we'll bite..........

Let's see; Florida, bikini clad younger woman on the beaches, Daytona bike week, fun in the sun, warm weather were hardly any clothes are worn, moved away from Connecticut.

• Members

Oh Yea, we'll bite..........

Let's see; Florida, bikini clad younger woman on the beaches, Daytona bike week, fun in the sun, warm weather were hardly any clothes are worn, moved away from Connecticut.

You got it, SteveO.....and a friend of mine lives down there in St. Pete. Said he got a flyer posted on his front door with Big Al's picture on it. Came from the St. Pete P.I.O. office.....just letting the locals know that a "strange one" had recently moved into the area.

• Members
Always had you lamped for some kinda radical. So, is the club house nice? Is there a secret handshake? Do they serve beer at meetings?

Along with that card I also got an offer to join the special Martin owners club. For about $40.00 a year you can have all the privelages of a Martin member. They will also do some discounted service for you. I decided to pass. Chris Martin is rich enough without my money. The least they could do for forty bucks is give you a woman.....let's not go there.

BigAl :)

• Members

Funny you should mention that Al, I did a lil online shopping yesterday at Martin for some trinket gifts (calenders,mousepads,beer mugs) to give to some friends and I saw the Icon to join "the club" and recieve 10% off. At first I thought it was free, till I Clik'd on it... Oh silly me!!!! :)
I passed too.

• Members
Along with that card I also got an offer to join the special Martin owners club. For about $40.00 a year you can have all the privelages of a Martin member. They will also do some discounted service for you. I decided to pass. Chris Martin is rich enough without my money. The least they could do for forty bucks is give you a woman.....let's not go there.

BigAl
:)

So, tell me Al. What does a $40 woman look like these days?

• Members

When I was 4 years old, my Mother signed me up for the Smokey the Bear Fan Club. Smokey was a big deal back then. I was pretty excited. Then the stuff came, membership card, some pamphlets from the Park Service, crap like that. I was very disappointed. I had been expecting Smokey to drop it by in person. After 50 years, the disappointment lingers. 'Nother time she conned me into riding around on errands, one to a notary by telling me I'd get to see the Great Seal of Texas. Yeah, you got it. No seal anywhere. No animals at all. I learned cynicism at a tender age. I do, however, still have the Junior Fire Marshal badge I got in 2nd grade. So I guess I'm entitled to nag people with too many plugs in an outlet or a bucket full of oily rags. The power is intoxicating. Or maybe it's the beer.

• Members
Excellent foresight, Dear Lady!
:thu:

My doormat just has a picture of Yosemite Sam and the caption "Gun Control Is a Full Clip In a 9" Circle"...a tasteful B'day gift from my kids.
:lol:

Well, the economy being what it is, it's likely a Buyer's Market!

Maybe this:

Paris-Hilton-Twitter.jpg

Maybe this:

michael-jackson-nose.jpg

:thu::facepalm::lol:

Archived