Eastman AC412

Glenn F

• Members

I have the AC512, which is basically the mahogany version of that same guitar.

I like mine a lot, but I don't know which OM's you've tried before or what you're looking for. Neck is a bit thicker than most Asian guitars. Pretty similar to the Larrivee neck and string spacing at the saddle. But more lightly built than a Larrivee -- significantly scalloped bracing.

Build quality is excellent. Nitro finish is very thin. I like the tone a lot, but it has its own voice, and I'm useless at describing tone.

Really the only caveat is that the brand isn't well known, so resale value might suffer, but I think Eastman is far and away the best Asian builder I've encountered. Not even in the same class as Blueridge, for example, and Blueridge is a fine brand.

Oh, I forgot to mention that mine is 4-5/8" deep, which I consider a deep-bodied OM. I prefer slimmer bodies for comfort, but I like the Eastman so much I'm willing to overlook that. :)

• Members

Thanks for your replies, guys!

Unfortunately, the selection of Crafter gits at Thomann is a little lacking. I've scaled back my intent on the Martin OM-21. We want to go to Rome and Ireland this year.

The hunt is on! :facepalm:;):p:cool:

Cheers,

Glenn

Archived