NPGD + Clip!

Stackabones

• Members

I had a GC Gift Card that was burning a hole in my pocket and it covered this Squier SP1 (Squier Parlor). Spruce lam, some kind of lam wood on the back and sides and neck. Nut is a little narrow but not too bad -- fingerpickers be warned! 12 frets to the body. I've always liked these little pickers and decided to get one. Perfect for the trunk in a Texas summer. Wabi-sabi!

I couldn't find my camera, so here's a glamor shot from my cell phone.

012210175144.jpg

After getting this guitar, I came home and wrote this tune. I'm strumming with my fingers, no picks. I wonder if any of y'all know that technique I'm using in the middle and at the end?

Berceuse

I recommend this guitar all the time to my students and for folks who need a smaller/travel guitar or parlor-sized for not a lot of dough. This will be the guitar I always take to those friends/parties/soirees/board meetings where I'm not sure if I'll be playing guitar.

You understand the beauty of the parlor guitar. Just enough depth and fullness to complement a voice and still have a strong presence.

Makes me want one. I especially like the 12 frets to the body.

I know what you're doing but I don't know what it's called.

• Members

This will be the guitar I always take to those board meetings where I'm not sure if I'll be playing guitar.

Yeah, I see those at board meetings all the time. You never know when the Chairman's gonna whip his out. A good time is had by all. :)

Great song, BTW!

• Members

Really Cool

I do not know if this is going to come out right but it sounded and felt comfortable

Just kinda care free kicked back nice and comfy doing something you love That is what I got out of it! In my mind this is what I can picture you doing whipping out the little parlor.......Congratulations hope it gives you much fun and enjoyment!

I am not astute enough to try and figure the techniques and all I will just enjoy the sounds!

• Members

My main acoustic is a Fender Parlor. It's hard to imagine how cheaply constructed the Squier would be, based on the shortcuts they took on the Fender version. Here's a tip--schedule two hours for the string change, and remember which bridge pin goes where, as each one only fits in one hole, and only with some convincing.

• Members

Thanks, folks!

My main acoustic is a Fender Parlor. It's hard to imagine how cheaply constructed the Squier would be, based on the shortcuts they took on the Fender version. Here's a tip--schedule two hours for the string change, and remember which bridge pin goes where, as each one only fits in one hole, and only with some convincing.

I don't have any experience with the Fender Parlor, but I've been around quite a few of the Squier Parlors. No problems so far. Good lil gits for not a lot of dough imo. I changed strings while watching one episode of Flight of the Conchords. Between fits of laughter and jamming with the music, I had no string/pin problems. The tuners weren't too smooth, but they seem to hold just fine. I think it'd look pretty cool with some traditional looking butterbean Grovers! :cool:

• Members

Between fits of laughter and jamming with the music, I had no string/pin problems. The tuners weren't too smooth, but they seem to hold just fine. I think it'd look pretty cool with some traditional looking butterbean Grovers!
:cool:

One of us has an abundance of luck--you with good, or me with bad. Mine sounds great, plays well, etc., as I was able to get a sense for that in the shop, but the cheapo plastic bridge pins are a huge pain for me.

Archived