Played a Composite Acoustics at Sam Ash

musicdog400

• Members

I stopped by Sam Ash Saturday, just looking around, and there was a Composite Acoustics guitar for $899. It was a little smaller than normal body size, like a travel guitar. The action felt good. I would probably drop the action a little if it wouldn't mess up the break angle of the strings. It must have had a piezo pickup since there were little controls on the inside edge of the sound hole.

I noticed, when I placed it on the floor and stood on it, the top flexed a little. Just kidding.

The sound was very bassy which is surprising given the size. The tone was not the best, kind of like the midrange was missing, but a carbon fiber guitar will likely take more abuse than a conventional guitar. For a guitar to throw in the trunk and take camping, I think this is a great option.

• Members

I would be surprised if anyone buys a CF guitar for the sound. Some people like to take a guitar to the park or need to leave it in the car on occasion, or travel by air with an instrument. That's where CF is a no-brainer.

My neighbor brought over his archtop acoustic the other day, after taking it to the park. Before he went to the park, it was a flat top acoustic. He is now looking into a CF guitar.

• Members

Try the CA GX model and be surprised.

gitnoob , the above posts represent the opinion of the majority of this forum. I like my CA but I dont try to convince anyone here. It is hopeless. (Although I do have to wonder about KATMAN's use of a shotgun if not outside...) :freak:

• Members

Sounds like the CA Cargo. I bought one about a week ago. Great guitar in many ways, but I just didnt bond with it, so I :( returned it.

You're correct about the missing midrange. Thats one of the reasons it went back.

I was smitten by the sound and clearity of it, and kind of impulse bought it. When a vintage sound was what I was really wanting.

S/A has a nice policy of 30 days returns no problem mon :)

• Members

gitnoob , the above posts represent the opinion of the majority of this forum. I like my CA but I dont try to convince anyone here. It is hopeless. (Although I do have to wonder about KATMAN's use of a shotgun if not outside...)
:freak:

Well, shotgun stocks aren't as prone to warpage as guitar tops. And you can slather on a bunch of coats of whatever finish you want -- the tone won't be affected too much, since *boom* pretty much sounds the same, no matter what kind of stock the gun wears.

:p

• Members

Well, shotgun stocks aren't as prone to warpage as guitar tops. And you can slather on a bunch of coats of whatever finish you want -- the tone won't be affected too much, since *boom* pretty much sounds the same, no matter what kind of stock the gun wears.

:p

No change in "Boom" tone until you change your firing "pin".;)

• Members

No change in "Boom" tone until you change your firing "pin".
;)

or load your own.

by the way, sixgunner455, that was pretty funny. "the tone won't be affected too much, since *boom* pretty much sounds the same, no matter what kind of stock the gun wears."

Archived