how exactly do you remove the acoustic guitar saddle

Still.ill

• Members

Most saddles just pull straight out.

DSCN1192.jpg

If they are too snug to pull with your fingers, carefully use a pliers and pull it straight up out of the saddle slot. Be careful with under saddle pickups. It's easy to throw them out of whack.

If your guitar has a long saddle (like this)

DSCN0969.jpg

that goes all the way through the slot, it is most likely glued in and will not come out without a major effort. With these saddles the sanding is done from the top to lower action. In case I haven't been clear, if you have one of these long saddles, take it to a luthier for a setup. If you try this at home and don't know what you're doing, you will regret it.

• Members

Put a Capo on at the second or forth fret and let off the tension of the strings until you get about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of slack in them, then do as the picture shows you. Lift the strings up and wiggle the saddle out of the bridge slot.

• Members

Most saddles just pull straight out.

DSCN1192.jpg

If they are too snug to pull with your fingers, carefully use a pliers and pull it straight up out of the saddle slot. Be careful with under saddle pickups. It's easy to throw them out of whack.

If your guitar has a long saddle (like this)

DSCN0969.jpg

that goes all the way through the slot, it is most likely glued in and will not come out without a major effort. With these saddles the sanding is done from the top to lower action. In case I haven't been clear, if you have one of these long saddles, take it to a luthier for a setup. If you try this at home and don't know what you're doing, you will regret it.

What are those bridgepins made from on your 000-15s and where did you get them? I must have them. :love:

• Members

Ahhh! Aren't they nice? Matching end pin and strap button too. Problem is, they're
ridiculously expensive
. I think I had just gotten a big paycheck the week I bought them.

They are these.
Snakewood, from Stew-Mac.

Thanks for the link. Sure $50 is a lot of money for a set of 6 bridgepins but compared to bone ones they are a bargain. ;)

• Members

Thanks for the link. Sure $50 is a lot of money for a set of 6 bridgepins but compared to bone ones they are a bargain.
;)

Yes, that's true. They are cheaper than bone. And they look SO damn good, which, as we all know, is the only contribution that they make to the guitar (other than holding the strings up against the bridge, of course). :p

Archived