Which one would you pick? Taylor 214ce or 310?

poderoso

• Members

One thing to consider is that since they are fairly different, keep them both for the things that do make them different. The dread might be better for strumming and flat picking, the GA for fingerstyle and maybe those times you want to plug in. I would think the 214 would be a better alternate tuning guitar and certainly for slide. Sometimes if you have a buddy over you can hand one of the guitars to her and do a little jamming. I'm also a big believer in having some sort of "beater" - a guitar that you don't care too much about for traveling, camp fires, loaning out.

I currently own 9 guitars - a couple that I don't play very often, but I still keep them for their uniqueness. There is a lot to be said for having a quiver.

yeah you have a point there. I was jamming with my sister last night and she was playing rhythm on the 310 while i improvise on the 214. its kinda hard to hear my leads though coz the dread was louder. but i just love how the guitar sounds.

and the 214 is in no way a beater to me. that cost a lot of money to me. haha

yup youre right. ill keep em both coz theyre both good for different things.

• Members

So the answer to "Which guitar should I sell?" is "Neither." See what you get for hanging around here?
;)

haha yeah you acoustic guitar forumites are cool. i dont really know much about acoustics and you guys gave me some insight on type of would on top, back, sides, body shapes, etc.

and yeah i think i like how this thread ended too.

Archived