Ohana Tiple Demo

masterbuilt

• Members

Very nice -- thanks. Just a quick note that the correct pronunciation is tip-lay.

I know that the Latin-American pronunciation is tee-play, but Martin called it the "tipple", according to their company historian. I took the time to research the pronunciation before making the video.

One thing I found that was interesting was in different Latin-American countries the string count runs from three at the low-end to twelve. Colombians seem to favor the twelve-string. I found one virtuoso player of a three-string that was incredible. It surprised me just how much sound he could produce on that pint-sized three-stringer.

• Members

Thanks. I wasn't being pedantic, just thought folks might be interested. As you say, the sound these little guys put out is amazing. Chime, jangle, and punch -- all in a small package. And a great sideways jump for a guitarist. Any word on when these will be available? I'll be at the front of the line. Played a Martin years and years ago, have wanted another for a long time now. While I'm at it, thank you for Ukulele Player Magazine.

• Members

Thanks, Jim.

I don't know when the retail channel will have the tiple available. I am going to get with Louis Wu of Ohana Ukulele on that question and the MSRP in an e-mail later today (Sunday). Louis sometimes answers messages on Sunday, but I might not have a response until Monday.

Mickey

• Members

That sounds great, I want one.

I just bought my first Uke. It was made by Tim Teel who designs new guitar models for Martin. He makes really nice Ukes on the side and he a booth at MartinFest last weekend. I bought one of his Concerts and I'm digging learning to play it.

Archived