toyota acoustic guitar? mij. used 150.00-fair price?

lumpy555

• Members

its a clean lil bugger,no frett wear,made in japan,its says on the sticker inside the soundhole,its a music stores name,like stewart an stewart musical inst. co,NEW YORK,NEW YORK. I DONT REMEMBER THE NAME,for the sake of giving an example, i made up the stewart name,but the newyork name is real as i just looked at the guitar yesterday at a flea mrkt,and the guy was packing up,as it was about 5 oclock . time to close he says,i am goin back fer a 2nd looksie!! it also had a toyota emblem mounted on the front of the headstock. it was thick metal,or plastic,kinda reminds me of the toyota emblems mounted on their cars!! also the inline tuners,3 per side were steel,really flat an thin,not chunky at all.anyone own one? pros-cons.. thanks all!!! :thu:

• Members

My college roommate had a Toyota guitar that he got for Christmas in 1973. His was a 6-string dreadnaught and it had the word "Toyota" inlayed on the headstock. No Toyota emblem though. IIRC, he paid $140 for it new. It was a nice guitar but I doubt it would be worth much now. His was the only Toyota Guitar I've ever seen, although I remember ads for them back then. And no, I know the guitar you're talking about isn't a Toyota but it made me think of my old roommate's guitar. :p

Archived