new used Guitar day - Mike Franks Legacy Dread ! !

Tony Burns

• Members

I just bought a used Mike Franks Legacy Dread ( last week ) , I have other Brazilians but I was looking for something on steroids in a dread -it came with Elixar pb's in medium and thou its full beautiful sound is amazing i turned it down a bit and brighten it up a bit .Just put a set of Dadarrio EXP's lights in 80/20 - When i get into the light fingerstyle action it plays like a electric - All i can say is wow . Ive always wanted a guitar like this. i have played countless guitars the past few years -Mike Franks makes one of the best sounding guitars period - im glad i bought it before his popularity goes threw the roof .Its a great time to buy a luthier made guitar - .

The guitar itself is like a HD-28 , but way brighter -Brazilian Rosewood with a Adi top is about as good as it gets-

franks001-1.jpg

franks011.jpg

• Members

Sorry gitnob - the photos came from the seller ( California ) I dont have a trampoline in my back yard -( not wishing i did either ) but i do have a golf course -the picture seems to be lightened up , but its darker and prettier as a whole --

Ive been busy- havent had a chance to take a phot of the whole guitar !

franks005-1.jpg

• Members

Thank you for the kind works gitnob -I hope my playing does it justice .

The way things have been around here it was a tough purchase to make -

It has a 1/2 hole at the end block ( where the pickup plug was ) and i couldnt find a end piece for the strap of that size -- -i went in my shop last night with a scrap piece of Ebony and turned one -

turned out pretty nice -wanted to use Brazilian , but i can't seem to remember where i put them .

Archived