Crazy gig today

Chordchunker

• Members

So.. The town I live in has a large artist/musician and gay community. Every year we hold a "Diversity Weekend". I was scheduled to play in the bandshell at our town park/center (Basin Park Bandshell). When I show up the park is full of street preachers screaming about directly in front of the bandshell holding large signs, while the folks that hate the haters are screaming back and waving their own signs.

There were also several Police standing around keeping them from violence. So I climb up on the stage (it`s way up in the air) and the soundman turns me WAAAY up..lol.. Sure enough after a bit more screaming and lot`s of glaring eyes turning around and throwing daggers at me they finally dispersed..

Nothing like the "Devil`s Music" to make them finally go somewhere else.. :cool:

• Members
So.. The town I live in has a large artist/musician and gay community. Every year we hold a "Diversity Weekend". I was scheduled to play in the bandshell at our town park/center (Basin Park Bandshell). When I show up the park is full of street preachers screaming about directly in front of the bandshell holding large signs, while the folks that hate the haters are screaming back and waving their own signs.

There were also several Police standing around keeping them from violence. So I climb up on the stage (it`s way up in the air) and the soundman turns me WAAAY up..lol.. Sure enough after a bit more screaming and lot`s of glaring eyes turning around and throwing daggers at me they finally dispersed..

Nothing like the "Devil`s Music" to make them finally go somewhere else..
:cool:

You were truly doing The Gods' work :thu:

Archived