Garrison Guitars purchaser Gibson Guitars voids all Garrison Warranties

lovemachine97

• Members

Well, Garrison said it was a "limited lifetime warranty". I suppose that's what they meant by it...As OGP says, It really was Garrisons decision. None of us saw the contract, so its hard to say what the language was that specifies warranty on these instruments.

But...You say Gibson is not honoring warrantiesprevious to July 3, 2007. They kinda makes sense...They didn't own them before that and the Garrison warranty apparantly doesnt match up to their own corporate warranty. Certainly they are honoring guitars after the July 3 date.

Should they extend the previous owners warranty? Yeah, kinda...its a business decision. I guess they just feel Garrison didn't have enough image or customer base to worry about.....unfortunately, business decisions aren't biased to emotions....It won't be the first time or the last time we see this.

In the case of Guild and Fender...well, too many Guild people out there, and also Guild is a much better made instrument, Isn't it?, and less risk for their investment...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, MI Retailer has their story up regarding this issue:

Gibson Will Not Accept Garrison Warranties

(Port Washington, NY - August 6, 2007) Several dealers were extremely concerned upon receiving an Aug. 1 e-mail stating Gibson would not honor warranty repairs or replacements of Garrison instruments sold before July 3. Calls placed to Garrison in St. John, Newfoundland, Canada, went unanswered, so the Retailer could not find out if the July 3 date referred to when dealers purchased the guitars, or when they sold it to customers. Gibson recently purchased Garrison.

In the e-mail, written by Jennifer Vincent, inventory control coordinator for Garrison, she stated:

• Members

If the intent was to sell Garrison branded products, then they fouled up famously.

Or sell Gibson to Garrison owners that no longer have a warranty:mad: .

On Garrison's site there are only 2 dealers listed , I wonder why:rolleyes: .

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Not to defend Gibson. But I believe Gibson wants the name Garrison to go away. Gibson makes Gibsons, period.

They make Epiphone, right? And they also make Baldwin and Kramer, correct? Fender owns Jackson, Charvel, EVH, Tacoma, SWR, Guild Takamine, Hamer, Ovation, the national distribution rights to Gretsch, and the International distribution rights to Taylor. I don't think it's affected Fender's rep at all. Especially considering in the Tacoma deal, they specifically knew of a major defect in a product line and still honored the warranties.

This was and still is a chicken-{censored} move by Chris Griffiths and Gibson. In fact, I have NEVER drank at a NAMM show until this last January, and I got kind of trashed. Griffiths is lucky I didn't see him there, cuz I had enough liquid courage to start loudly talking {censored} to him. Now that I think about it, maybe I am lucky I didn't run into him, considering best case scenario I'd have been kicked out, and worst case, I'd have put my boss' membership in jeopardy, depending upon the scene I would've created lol.

• 5 years later...
  • Members

Sigh.... it's not actually the zombies that are the pain. It's these one or two post zombie-bots. HEY HARMONY CENTRAL, YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON. WHY DON'T YOU STOP THIS CRAP!?

This one now takes his place on the ever growing list of alleged 'new members' who have revived zombie threads, made a couple of posts, and then disappeared into the ether:

gpie1288---2 posts

robert froyd--1 post

blueharp1--3 posts

el;vin lateagan--4 posts

Kiddarkness--1 post

biopticpaper--1 post

Guitarsaver--2 posts

kgraham7s--1 post

frnell--1 post

bnewell--2 posts

Quanto--1 post

hot_burrito_1--1 post