Anyone here have a Agile 2500 Quilt top or new 2000 flametop?

joecool1963

• Members

OK, I went to the Rondo web site looking around and on Fleabag as well. I need a guitar for my daughter to beat on and for me to use as a drag around...

The main difference between the 2500 and the 2000 seems to be 2 vs 3 piece body, and the tuners. Anyone have one of these new 2000 models?

We are going to the beach in a few weeks and I am sure as hell not taking my Standard.

jay

• Members

Dude,

Just get one. Serious.

It has the same specs as the original 2000 with the exception of the reshaped horn. That was the guitar that started the whole Agile craze. I have a 2 1/2 year old AL-2500 that is a fine guitar. To nice for me to drag around ( Ihave SX stuff for that now). No Kidding.

• Members

The 2500 used with the metallica thing spraypainted onto it? Er, I dunno. If that's your thing, go for it (and I love metallica, but I'd never own something like that).

Edit: it's a sticker, I see now.

//S

• Members

I'm sorry.

If you can get either for $199 I'd choose the 2500 just for the addition of a set of Grovers.

My 2500 still has the stoc ceramics in it. and I'm a tinkerer.

I'm not sure if the pups are the same but, I think that either is a good deal and if they cost the same the 2500 is a better deal.

• Members

cool. thanks for the reply and ignor the PM I just sent you! LOL

I pulled the trigger on the 2500 Blue Quilt that Kurt had on Ebay for $199.00. I'm sure that I will end up gutting the electronics out of it and replacing those. In the meantime, I need something to take to South Carolina's beach heat and humidity. I also need a headphone type amp/modeler to take too... ah , geargas...

LOL

-jay

• Members

No, Kurt assured me that there would be no assburst when I inquired about this purchase earlier. If it's not a quiltop in deep blue, it's going back so fast, heads will spin...thats the ugliest finish I think ive ever see, with the exception of Gecko and Latte Burst from Gibson...damn!!!

-jay

• Members

Originally posted by joecool1963

No, Kurt assured me that there would be no assburst when I inquired about this purchase earlier. If it's not a quiltop in deep blue, it's going back so fast, heads will spin...thats the ugliest finish I think ive ever see, with the exception of Gecko and Latte Burst from Gibson...damn!!!

-jay

Glad you inquired about it! God that color is HORRIBLE. I was HORRIFIED when I got it! However, my rootbeer 3000 is damn nice lookin!

• Members

I feel the love..somehow I think you must like/own the finish...not my cup of tea... Of course some would say the same about a blue quilttop!

:)

I'm semi-gassing for it. Of course, I wouldn't want to have to pay $2200 for it, and I've been told that that's the real truth on how much it'd cost :p

That said, we can reach accordance over your tribute to snoopy.

//S

• Members
Originally posted by Shocker

I'm semi-gassing for it. Of course, I wouldn't want to have to pay $2200 for it, and I've been told that that's the real truth on how much it'd cost
:p

That said, we can reach accordance over your tribute to snoopy.

//S

The finish that I really dislike from Gibson is the Latte burst...that is god alful.

I'm a Snoopy freak. Have enough Snoopy christmas ornaments to have several trees...

Joe Cool is my hero!

-peace and out

-jay

• Members

It will stay if I can get used to the damn weight, 11 freakin pounds!!!

Excellent player though and the stock pickups aren't what I'm used to but growing on me. I think they are reasonably close to what an LP is supposed to sound like, but not like my 59/JB set in my Tokai.....:D

• Members
Originally posted by batotman

It will stay if I can get used to the damn weight, 11 freakin pounds!!!

Excellent player though and the stock pickups aren't what I'm used to but growing on me. I think they are reasonably close to what an LP is supposed to sound like, but not like my 59/JB set in my Tokai.....
:D

I like the 59/JB combo and that is what is in my Classic. I am, however, growing very fond of the the Burstbucker pros in my Standard.

The Agile should be fun. Someone mentioned different colors in the Agile line...that would help generate some additional sales. The Rootbeer is sweet, but Kurt needs to look at some colors and inspire some new variations.

A wine red or Black P-90 would be sweet with creame pups

• Members

I like the 59/JB combo and that is what is in my Classic. I am, however, growing very fond of the the Burstbucker pros in my Standard.

The Agile should be fun. Someone mentioned different colors in the Agile line...that would help generate some additional sales. The Rootbeer is sweet, but Kurt needs to look at some of the limited edition Gibson colors and inspire some new variations.

A wine red or Black P-90 would be sweet with creame pups

That Gibson classic is sweet. Too bad they are so damn expensive! :(

Yeah i'm always bitching at Kurt about colors, i think i've been doin it for a year....lol.

Archived