Sammy done with Van Halen....again

batotman

• Members

Well, first off.... Thank-you Chairborne!

I thought I might never see a Peavy Mystic again. My life is now complete.

My first guitar ever was a Peavey T-15. Seems like a million years ago now.....

Now, regarding EVH: that last tour (and "best-of" CD) certainly was a money-grab, and erased the last vestiges of respect and admiration I had for Eddie.

He was the reason I started playing. Back in those days I didn't just want to be "like" him... I wanted to be him. I knew every lick, trick, and note on his records and played along with my LP's from front to back.

Now he appears to be nothing more than a disgruntled drunk who doesn't give a flying rip about his fans, except to cull them for cash when his beer money starts running low.

I can't think of any other musician that I once idolized so much that now I have such disdain for.

How the mighty have fallen....

A

• Members

I agree that with the guy above who says he needs to go in a different direction. Like a blues record with some Ed-style stuff on it. That would be cool. No more silly pop albums with Sammy. Ed, haven't you made your millions? Now let's see what you can *really* do.

If anything anymore . . . :(

• Members
Originally posted by Save The Pine Weasel

The Vortex is also pretty sweet. The former Peavey dealer in town still has a NOS one I'd buy if they didn't want $250 for it...

Yow! They want $400 for it! Too rich for my blood. :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by Achilleos

People say that a lot. "He should make a blues record." "He should make an instrumental album." I don't see Ed as that kind of player.

Until "Blow by Blow" came out, I think most folks would have said that about Jeff Beck too. Now I can't imagine him as anything else.

• Members
Originally posted by Achilleos

People say that a lot. "He should make a blues record." "He should make an instrumental album." I don't see Ed as that kind of player.

Personally, I'd just like to see him make a Van Halen record. :D (as opposed to everything they've put out over the last 15 years or so.)

• Members
Originally posted by Prages

Personally, I'd just like to see him make a Van Halen record.
:D
(as opposed to everything they've put out over the last 15 years or so.)

+10000000000000000000!
it is sad but i feel his day is over for that though:(

• Members

Originally posted by Kable

Haha, funny bit of info from one of the blabbermouth posters (not that I believe or disbelieve it):

untill yesterday I worked at steves music in toronto. Steves is one of the bigger instument stores in canada. anyways, our peavey rep came in and told us why peavey dumped van halen on his ass. CRACK

eddie does crack. he also believes that he invented magnetic pick-up's. just like how he thought he invented tapping. Come on, they toured in different buses last year and hagar leaving is very indicative of problems beyond alcohol. This doesn't come from me it comes from peaveys ontario product rep.

Anyways, I've heard that Eddy is crazy, but "crack"? Lol

I fail to see the problem, here...Losing an endorsement due to drug use? The Fender people didn't seem to have trouble with Cobain's opiate troubles. This is just one example in a LONG list of celebrity musician drug use and over-use. You'd almost think there would be a quarterly bonus for extra crack intake!

Then, there is the OTHER side of it...I mean, come on, the guy needs help. Crack is serious. And it gets expensive. Dropping a guy when he needs the money is just right out!

• Members
Originally posted by Chairborne

I agree that with the guy above who says he needs to go in a different direction. Like a blues record with some Ed-style stuff on it. That would be cool. No more silly pop albums with Sammy. Ed, haven't you made your millions? Now let's see what you can *really* do.

If anything anymore . . .
:(

He drinks a mean fifth.

BK

• Members
Originally posted by mad axe man

IMHO after hearing the latest stuff they did together I could care less if sammy left for good and ENGELBERT HUMPERDINK took over vocals!

gallery05_f.jpg

That picture triggers my gag reflex.

Archived