Sammy done with Van Halen....again

batotman

• Members

Haha, funny bit of info from one of the blabbermouth posters (not that I believe or disbelieve it):

untill yesterday I worked at steves music in toronto. Steves is one of the bigger instument stores in canada. anyways, our peavey rep came in and told us why peavey dumped van halen on his ass. CRACK

eddie does crack. he also believes that he invented magnetic pick-up's. just like how he thought he invented tapping. Come on, they toured in different buses last year and hagar leaving is very indicative of problems beyond alcohol. This doesn't come from me it comes from peaveys ontario product rep.

Anyways, I've heard that Eddy is crazy, but "crack"? Lol

• Members
Originally posted by Kable

Another poster's response:

quote: If I had to play Peavey products...

posted by : oldschool

4/26/2005 10:36:21 AM

I'd be smoking crack.

:D

While I have yet to see a Peavey guitar whose looks I really really like, their tube amps are quite good from most reports I've seen, same for their US-built guitars.

I have a Peavey T-60 guitar and the thing is built like a tank.

BK

• Members
Originally posted by Brian Krashpad

While I have yet to see a Peavey guitar whose looks I really really like, their tube amps are quite good from most reports I've seen, same for their US-built guitars.

I have a Peavey T-60 guitar and the thing is built like a tank.

BK

Brian, where you been? :p

IM001105.jpg

IM001106.jpg

• Members

They've never been any good since DLR left anyway. They kind of became like Journey - chick rock love songs. Eddie playing keys. "Why can't this be love - when love walks in, etc. etc., etc. Snore.................................

Eddie ought to give up on finding a singer that he can get along with and just do a guitar album. Really cut loose.

Before he gets too old and burnt.

• Members
Originally posted by Jimi Ray Halen

Eddie ought to give up on finding a singer that he can get along with and just do a guitar album. Really cut loose.

He's already too old and burnt...or at least too burnt.

:rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Jimi Ray Halen

They've never been any good since DLR left anyway. They kind of became like Journey - chick rock love songs. Eddie playing keys. "Why can't this be love - when love walks in, etc. etc., etc. Snore.................................

Now that would be cool. He should take a page from Jeff Beck...screw singers, who needs 'em ;) . I like the way Beck uses vocal tracks as another instrument in the mix. Not the lead instrument (usually), but something else to add to the song.

Anyway, I think a guitar album is a great idea. He should just get some good session players to back him up and cut loose. It may not chart on Billboard, but I bet it would be good.

• Members

I have to agree. EVH is so out there now with drugs and craziness that is is probably over for that band. Sad to me, but hopefully he will get some other music out there. That last tour was a simple money grab. The music sucked and the tickets were outrageously expensive....

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Krashpad

Well, there's a lot of them, anyhow.

The Vortex is also pretty sweet. The former Peavey dealer in town still has a NOS one I'd buy if they didn't want $250 for it...

How about the Firenza, Cropper Classic and Limited? Those are some pretty good looking guitars.

• Members

Tracer.

And that Vortex the guy above mentioned, that's a great deal on a NOS guitar, I'd be all over that if it were in my town. They don't pop up on eBay very often. Is this the one that looks like a Jackson V, or the other version?

• Members

thought Eddie was over rated as a guitar player, but now I feel he underated as an influence and a human being. The man is not 100% well and deserves respect and airplay for what ever he does even if he is not as popular now. Sammy is a trooper!

• Members

Eddie is a great player who inspired many, many guitarists over the years. His musical legacy is solid.

Sammy Hagar is excellent, too. I liked him ever since the first Montrose album way back in the 70's.

But those two together haven't produced anything that even comes close to their earlier works.

We all have problems. If you drink to excess and it makes you act like a dick then you need help. He's the last person who should drink.

Just goes to show you - you can be rich, talented, famous, whatever and still not be happy.

Archived