Goodbye Fender Strat. Hello Parker Fly.

Café Dekcuf

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by cbc83

Actually, the Parker Fly is NOT made of a single piece of wood. It's actually a set neck!!! They carve away the heel, reinforce it with carbon-glass epoxy, and finish it. It's as solid as a neckthrough, but actually isn't.

And it's great for heavy music. The pickups are pretty high output, the neck is super fast. And the trem is extremely stable and great for divebombs.
;)

You are absolutely correct...what I meant was the neck is a single piece as is the body at least on the high end models.

• Members

Originally posted by XeroStar33

I'd really like to try out one of the high-end models; that trem-tension adjustment wheel sounds like something I'd really like...

Current Flys do not have the tension wheel. Instead, they have an adjustment that is accessible from the back of the guitar. To quote Parker's literature, "The balance wheel and step stop are both now internal and easily adjusted without removing the backplate using the simple tool supplied."

• Members

Hey guys.. newbie here hah :D

But I just recently picked up a Parker PM-20 with the Bulbinga top, great guitar for the money. Really fast neck on it, too.

Between that and a Strat though, that's quite the decision. I'm glad you made yours with ease though.

• Members

I picked up my P-42 from Steve's in T.O. for $500CDN a week or so ago.

If anyone's interested they've got a Black P-42 and a blakc PM-10 left, although the PM-10's a little more money.

Great guitars, I used to have a mid-90's RG550, and the P-42's nicer, for half the money of an RG Prestige.

I can't recomend the Parker's enough for someone who wants a guitar for heavy music. Or light music, or anything else.

The low-end ones (P-Series) are bolt-on necks (Maple neck, ebony fingerboard, mahogany body for the P-42). Good quality hardware too, the sort you'd expect to see on a $1000 guitar, not a $500 one.

• Members

i dont know about the korean parkers...im sure if you find a good playing one it can be a keeper but ive heard many horror stories about iffy ones....then again ive heard horror stories about the high end models too....frets coming off because they are glued....this one im going to mention happened to me...i had an early nitefly and the bridge saddles are made up of 2 little balls the string sits on....one came out one night when i was onstage...if that happens the string saddle is gone making the guitar useless....now ALL the high end parkers have this configuration not just the nitefly....i only hope they do better soldering jobs thease days...then you got easy repair jobs that arent so easy because nobody has parts...if the jack socket goes bad your in a world of hurt because its not a straight forward repair job...unwanted harmonics coming from the piezo also caused me a lot of stress....still though its the only guitar for me when i do my solo gigs....i think a godin LGX could do the trick also but ive never had any experiences with them...oh the upper horn thing...yes it did stick in me a little sitting down when i first got it but i altered my playing position a tad and it was fine...its actually very comfortable because it doesnt slide away from you like a les paul...after the parker the only way i can play my les paul sitting down now is in the classical postion with a foot stool....the guitar will jab you in the chest standing up but only if you play really high....i normally play quite high and i just lowered my strap slightly so i dont get poked...standing up it cant be beaten because its so light and well balanced....the single cut mojo looks beautiful but it has no piezo so i would not be interested in it whatsoever....anyway i love the original fly shape

• Members

i should have my mojo by friday....im really curious to hear how it sounds with the S.D pickups.....i was originally going for a nitefly mojo similar tonally and without the set neck and curves but nearly a grand cheaper....something was the matter with it though and they wouldnt send it out to me so i opted for the fly ...i cant wait to try it out

• Members

I've got a 1999 Parker Fly Deluxe that it awesome. However, the last guitar I bought 9 months ago was a 2004 Fender Deluxe strat Ash. Also a great guitar. These are my #1 & #2 for gigs these days. Whichever one I start the gig with, I normally never put down. Both guitars are awesome and different, but I can deal with either one for a gig.

• Members

Originally posted by BigMac5

Gibson Les Paul Standard MSRP $3,248-$3,468

Gibson Les Paul Supreme MSRP $3,998

People pay this much for guitars all the time.

Sure. But to get close to the 3k mark, you have to do something pretty amazing in my book. Like be completely handmade. Look at my sig - obviously I have no problem with expensive gear! :cool:

Archived