Opinions On Faded Tobacco Sunburst Finishes

OldFenderGuy

• Members

Might be crazy, but I'm probably going to pull the trigger on one of these Faded Tobacco Sunburst Love Rock's...

It would be quite a change for me, as I normally go with Black Finishes, but the "traditional looking" Faded Tobacco looks great on LP type guitars...

Don't know, I've never had any luck with the 24.75" scale guitars, but I might give it one more try before throwing in the towel for good. :D

tokaifadedtobacco.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by OldFenderGuy

Might be crazy, but I'm probably going to pull the trigger on one of these Faded Tobacco Sunburst Love Rock's...

It would be quite a change for me, as I normally go with Black Finishes, but the "traditional looking" Faded Tobacco looks great on LP type guitars...

Don't know, I've never had any luck with the 24.75" scale guitars, but I might give it
one more try
before throwing in the towel for good.
:D

tokaifadedtobacco.jpg

1. That's a very nice looking finish IMO....next to HB, my favorite.

2. Don't feel bad about the 24.75" scale deal.....I'm the same on 25.5"...we all have our weaknesses:D

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

BTW used market for that is around $350-$375! You should know that before jumping in!

Probably true, but I haven't seen many of them on the used market...

I know what you are doing, getting me primed for a price you are willing to give me in case I sell it... Bastard!!! :D :D

• Members

Probably true, but I haven't seen many of them on the used market...

I know what you are doing, getting me primed for a price you are willing to give me in case I sell it... Bastard!!!

If I was priming you for a price to sell it to me I would've said ummmm I think those things sell for around $200 or so used. They have horrible resale.....:D

• Members

Don't know, I've never had any luck with the 24.75" scale guitars, but I might give it
one more try

Worst case you'll have something nice looking to hang on your wall if you can't play it. I'm sure you'll love it bud, you'll end up changing your nick to "NewTokaiGuy"...;)

• Members

Originally posted by binkydaclown

I love faded tobacco. My 2004 R9:

94807_LPF_lo.jpg

Wow.

I don't know if it's only the photography or what, but this guitar clearly has a depth that none of the others on this thread do.:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Members

one more try

tokaifadedtobacco.jpg

I can see this quickly going the way of your PRS SE. :)

What you need is a Les Paul Custom with the black finish and gold hardware.

• Members

I think that the faded finshes are terrific on LPs.

Here's my washed cherry 58R. Just ignore this if you are getting sick of this LP. I've posted about a dozen pix of it here the last few months. I really like the top on this guitar. It's subdued...very classy, and it changes from every angle. The section near the pickguard is sort of a flame wanting to be a quilt.

58lph.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by ExtraGum

Wow.

I don't know if it's only the photography or what, but this guitar clearly has a depth that none of the others on this thread do.
:eek:

Knowing how to take a picture is part of it. The other part is a sweet eastern maple top. Both of my R9's have a lot of complexity in the figure. They can go from looking very lightly figured to very intense depending on the angle. They both also have that 'tiger stripe' flame which isn't too skinny or very wide. I'm glad you guys like this one, she's got the feel, tone and looks. A keeper for sure.

top_flame.jpg

side_flame.jpg

3Q_side_big.jpg

Archived