Les pauls

marloni

• Members

there are lots of variation of the les paul but which do you like best? I like the LP standard. it just sounds and feels the best in my hands. I like the look of the Les paul custom (bad ass guitar) but the necks are very think and theyre very heavy. the neck pickup is also useless on a les paul custom (sounds very thin). the classic les paul doesn't sounds more modern than classic to my ears. the LP studio is of inferior quality. i don't know but every les paul studio i've played was not remotely as good as higher models.

• Members

Buying a Les-Paul is like buying a Harley. Its 75% complete & needs work to make it right. I have worked on hundreds of em & the only conclusion I can come to is the Historics are much better than the production stuff. But now the Historics are being made is much greater numbers & even these guitars are hit & miss (more hit than miss).

A typical "Les-Paul Guy" plays about 15 guitars to find the one that talks to him. Then he overpays for the guitar by about 40%. Then he brings it to me for $300 - $500 worth of work to get the electronics, fretwork & hardware right. Sounds like a lot of work to me.

• Members

Originally posted by Forbidden

My R9 ;

Rock.jpg

:cool:

that's a nice guitar man... thats what i want. I tried a les paul standard and it seems to be what eddie van halens peavey wolfgang wants to be. eddies wolfies are like les pauls really. but the paul sounds better. too bad i dont own one yet. its got one of the best tones ever..

• Members
Originally posted by Kevin_FL

Buying a Les-Paul is like buying a Harley. Its 75% complete & needs work to make it right. I have worked on hundreds of em & the only conclusion I can come to is the Historics are much better than the production stuff. But now the Historics are being made is much greater numbers & even these guitars are hit & miss (more hit than miss).

A typical "Les-Paul Guy" plays about 15 guitars to find the one that talks to him. Then he overpays for the guitar by about 40%. Then he brings it to me for $300 - $500 worth of work to get the electronics, fretwork & hardware right. Sounds like a lot of work to me.

You should change your moniker to manwhotalksoutofhisass

• Members

Well it might not be a "real" Gibson, but I'm having a great time with this (Epi Les Paul Custom)..

Plays great, and I still haven't found any faults in it. 9.7 pounds of pure tone, especially after we installed the Gibson 490/498 pickups. :cool:

epicustom95.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by OldFenderGuy

Well it might not be a "real" Gibson, but I'm having a great time with this (Epi Les Paul Custom)..

Plays great, and I still haven't found any faults in it. 9.7 pounds of pure tone, especially after we installed the Gibson 490/498 pickups.
:cool:

epicustom95.jpg

No doubt! That's a nice little guitar. And the 490/498 is a great combo,especially if you set them on the low side.

• Members

I like what Allison Robertson said about the Les Paul when she was comparing it to her SG Classic:

"The LP is just a big stupid block of wood. The SG Classic is more like the smart nerd with many facets. It can do a lot of different things while the Les Paul is just the big dumb jock that poses for Abercrombie and Fitch ads."

:D :D

So...uh, I have 3 of these big, dumb jocks. Doh! I hope it doesn't ruin my chances of getting a date with Allison.

pauls6.jpg

Oh, and this is for Allison:

sgbody.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Crusher

It's hard to chose just one....

4lps3.jpg

I'd guess you like them customs... :D I don't like customs though. they sound good on the bridge pickup but the neck pickup sounds thin. and les paul customs are too heavy and the necks are too thick. theyre too expensive too...

• Members

Originally posted by Kevin_FL

Wait a minute...are you the guy that sold the Alzheimer's lady 11 organs?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7998862/

Archived