Has anyone had success in selling their music on CDBaby.com?

Ontological

• Moderators

Every single person who attempted to buy our CDs seems to have succeeded. Also, our MP3 downloads are available on a multitude of websites (iTunes, Rhapsody, Spotify, Napster, Amazon etc). CD Baby has more than done their job of distributing our CD and MP3s. :thu:

That said, there is the not so small matter of promotion. We have to let people know we exist and motivate them to log onto the internet and buy our product. :idk:

That's harder.

Terry D.

• Members

We use CDBaby for our digital distribution, and they got our latest album out to iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon MP3 and numerous other download sites much faster than I expected. We also ordered a few of their download cards to sell (alongside physical CDs) at gigs, or to give out for promo purposes. In that regard, they're great. However, if you are looking to sell physical CDs through CDBaby, it can be harder to get people to order from them as opposed to buying your CD on a site where they're likely to buy other stuff and possibly get cheaper (or free) combined shipping. CDBaby isn't going to promote your music, so it's up to you to direct people to the site.

• Members

CD Baby is probably still the top dog when it comes to world wide distribution of physical CD's and digital content of independent musicians. They had some hiccups when Discmakers bought them, but overall it's a stellar company. I would recommend them. That being said, of course there is no promotion on their part, as mentioned above, just distribution.

• Members

Unlike 90% of the companies in the music business....cdbaby does what it says it does. They do what you pay them to do. Great company....not quite the mom and pop feel as when Derek had it, but it still does a great job as a distrubutor.....and I have gotten quite a few checks from them.

cdbaby + the independent musician = +1

Archived