How many of these have you seen?

jjpistols

• Members

1998 Gibson Les Paul Korina, one of the more rare LP's of recent history and features an absolutely killer maple top in lava quilt - very unique pattern and very even across the top - but most notably, a one-piece Korina body one-piece Korina neck. Believe it or not, I bought this guitar NOS (new-old-stock) and it has never been retailed. Why, you ask? The guitar was an $8K list and store priced at a very nice discount at $4995. The store didn't sell many guitars in this price range. It is dead mint except for a tiny chip on back tip of the headstock that we can fill if desired. I don't know many players who take a $8K guitar out on gigs but for what it's worth, it's an excellent player with a super setup and, to my ears, a better tone than Mahogany with a slightly brighter tone and a little more transient snap. Dealer cost on this was $4K seven years ago, and would certainly be higher today. Somebody is selling two later versions on Ebay with a $6K opening bid and, supposedly, his last one went for the $10K buy-it-now price. I don't have the time for the headaches of auctions so it's offered here, never retailed, for just $3950. As always, trades desired.

from chrisguitars.com

I'd never seen one.

Archived