Alvin Lee signature "Big Red" Gibson

custom shop 335s

is $4000 too much

they are also doing a production run

for a bit cheaper, any collectibility in

these or just a gimmick

its a cool guitar

• Members

$4K seems too much to me if you want to maybe recoup that one day (if you don't then the point is moot). I'd wait for the production run. Alvin Lee is a big name among guitarists but doesn't carry the weight that BB King or Eric Clapton would for a 335.

Younger players today will be asking "Alvin who?"

~Blackbelt

• Members

I think a HSH 335 would be kind of cool, but not $4000 cool, ya know? And I would certainly leave those stickers off. That kind of treatment should be reserved for a less dignified guitar. The Gibson 335....she is a lady.

• Members

I'd think the same about seeing someone playin' that guitar as I would the "Dale Earnhardt Les Paul" or the "Spiderman Les Paul"......

.....only THEY probably won their's in some GC or website giveaway contest and I'd know YOU paid $4,000.00! :rolleyes:

You'd have to be playing it through a LAB Series L5, an original Hiwatt combo or a Supro Thunderbolt to regain ANY street cred in my eyes!

It's kinda like anyone playing an SRV Model Strat with the SRV pickguard still on it or one of those ESP "Devil Girl" plastic stage props. :mad:

I loved Alvin Lee, but that guitar is the Franklin Mint "collectable" drek of the guitar world. :eek:

I'd wait until Gibson issues their "Margaret Keane Signature Model ES335" with big-eyed kids and puppies painted all over it!

(Have we talked you out of it yet?)

:D

Archived