fregocaster

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't taken the pictures yet but I have to say I am most impressed with my first PRS after taking it through it's first trial runs. I bought Vintage Clubber's green McCarty soapbox - if you didn't know - about a week ago. I haven't taken it to the studio yet but we did practice last night and I played it the whole way through.

I've bought about 20 guitars in my lifetime.

Only two of them proved to be 'keepers' and the PRS is probably going to be the third.

Nice cozy neck which is about the same size as the 50's profile Gibson neck (different than the '58 LP style which has more depth), and the dot inlays were beautifully done. Guitar stayed in tune in 50 degree temperatures and felt well balanced. Acoustic sustain was as good as my two keepers. The P-90's matched very well with my Blues Deluxes and pedals. Couldn't really notice any finish flaws. It has a very 'handmade' look and feel about it. In short, I'm very pleased.

I know Clubber is not a brand snob so if he shelled out PRS type money for the McCarty, there must have been something special about it he really dug.

Then again, he did sell it..... :p;)

• Members

Originally posted by The Dark Horse

I haven't taken the pictures yet but I have to say I am
most impressed
with my first PRS after taking it through it's first trial runs. I bought Vintage Clubber's green McCarty soapbox - if you didn't know - about a week ago. I haven't taken it to the studio yet but we did practice last night and I played it the whole way through.

I've bought about 20 guitars in my lifetime.

Only two of them proved to be 'keepers' and the PRS is probably going to be the third.

Nice cozy neck which is about the same size as the 50's profile Gibson neck (different than the '58 LP style which has more depth), and the dot inlays were beautifully done. Guitar stayed in tune in 50 degree temperatures and felt well balanced. Acoustic sustain was as good as my two keepers. The P-90's matched very well with my Blues Deluxes and pedals. Couldn't really notice any finish flaws. It has a very 'handmade' look and feel about it. In short, I'm very pleased.

I know Clubber is not a brand snob so if he shelled out PRS type money for the McCarty, there must have been something special about it he really dug.

Then again, he did sell it.....
:p;)

Glad you're happy with it, Beau! I bought it back in 2000 during a very rough patch in my life. It was kinda my holy grail of guitars at the time. I was also playing in a band at the time. The following year my band broke up and I haven't been in a band since. It is indeed a very sweet ax and I'm glad it will get more action with it's new owner! ;)

• Members

I offer up for your review these to EBAY finds. Both are Mcarty's with the wide fat necks, my personal favorite. Both play like a dream and are obviously well constructed.

I will say this, though, in reference to past discussions drawing comparisons between the Les Paul (I own a LP Custom also) and the PRS Singlecut. They are two distinctly different guitars both in terms of sound and the way they play and feel. The Singlecut is a much more versatile guitar but there is no substitute for the classic sound that a LP yields.

That being said the feel, playability and quality of PRS guitars are unmistakable!

• Members

Is it the blue whale color?

fregocaster - yes, mine is whale blue. It is amazing in person.

I also have a 92 CE 24, Black Cherry, regular neck carve. And a 93 Custom 24, Purple quilt, regular neck carve. I think I'm one of the few people that don't like wide thin. I wish I could have gotten the McCarty in regular too, but alas, only the wide fat. It was the regular neck carve that made me buy the PRS in the first place. Feels perfect in my hands.

• Members

Originally posted by repulse1987

Picture003.jpg

My PRS in Grey/black flames. Not a 10top but i guess it was close... maybe a 8 or 9 top. Comments?

Do you have more pictures?

That was the color I wanted but your picture does not seems to give justice to the one I posted on the 1st post of the thread!

scuse my english.:rolleyes:

Archived