Canare 4 line wire

• Members

Originally posted by wooden

1800B seems to be digital cable...

Yes, it is. However, in long Runs, it is often a good iddea to use this type of cable because the capacitance of the line is lower, and thus allows a better freq response in the line over distance. When I was working for Technicolor, our Chief Engineer Jeff Minnich, told me that he had run tests on 9451 for Runs over 100'. He found a significant depression of the high freq's. Enough that he insisted of using 1800B for our install in Thailand. For your application, I think it would be fine, especiallly if you're less than 50'.

-Todd A.

• Members

Originally posted by The Chinese

Yes, it is. However, in long Runs, it is often a good iddea to use this type of cable because the capacitance of the line is lower, and thus allows a better freq response in the line over distance. When I was working for Technicolor, our Chief Engineer Jeff Minnich, told me that he had run tests on 9451 for Runs over 100'. He found a significant depression of the high freq's. Enough that he insisted of using 1800B for our install in Thailand. For your application, I think it would be fine, especiallly if you're less than 50'.

-Todd A.

Thanks in fact i wouldnt use runs more than 30' long, and most of them would be much shorter. Would it be ok to use 1800 B?

• Members

Thanks in fact i wouldnt use runs more than 30' long, and most of them would be much shorter. Would it be ok to use 1800 B?

Sorry...I meant to say that you would be fine using 9451. 1800B wouold be overkill. It's also more difficult to work with.

-Todd

• Members

Thanks for your help, and sorry to be disturbing a lot, but they sell 9451 at markertek (the only way i can get it) just in 1000' rolls i dont need that much. What other option would you recommend? there are tons of options and i feel a little lost!

• Members

Thanks for your help, and sorry to be disturbing a lot, but they sell 9451 at markertek (the only way i can get it) just in 1000' rolls i dont need that much. What other option would you recommend? there are tons of options and i feel a little lost!

sorry, i just buy 1000'. You'll eventuallly use it!!!!

-Todd

• Members

Can you recommend me a wire to make intrument cables? or do you use the same to make balanced and microphone cables? if so how do you wire it?

Do NOT use 9451 or anything with s Foil shield for Microphone or instrument. Use a braided shield. The reason for this is that Braided shields are much better at rejecting Mechanical handling noise, which you really need for Mic Or inst. cables. I recommend Mogami instrument cable for instruments, or George L's. fo rMic, use the star-Quad that started tihs thread!!!!

:cool:

-Todd A.

• Members

Originally posted by The Chinese

Do NOT use 9451 or anything with s
Foil
shield for Microphone or instrument. Use a braided shield. The reason for this is that Braided shields are much better at rejecting Mechanical handling noise, which you really need for Mic Or inst. cables.

Belden 9451 is designed for installed use, not a portable cord to be used onstage or out in the studio. 9451 is for running from your rack to the console or patchbay. Or running from you mic panel in the studio to the patchbay or console. Handling noise is a non-issue in those situations.

A foil shield gives you much better shielding that braided or spiral.

But yes, you should not use 9451 for an onstage type mic cable. Not only because of the shielding. The outer jacket on 9451 is not a heavy duty rubber jacket.

Archived