geffel m930

• Members

i saw one of these advertised used today.. asking $750, i'm pretty sure i could talk them down a bit, i haven't heard too much information on these, i just searched some, and mostly positive reviews.. anybody have opinions, i would be using it for male vocals, and possibly acoustic guitar.. anybody have ideas, on a fair price and whether it would work well on vocals for me.. i have some samples of my voice on my weblink, if anyone is so inclined

• Members

$750 is a pretty good price used, considering they go for $1000-1100 new. I haven't used the m930, but it's a supposed to be a really nice neutral mic (as opposed to the soundelux u195 or pelusos in this price range).

Mostly there is praise for it, and I don't see how you could go wrong at that price if it's in excellent condition- you can always resell it. Some people have called it "sterile" sounding, though.

Ideally, try it out and see if it works for your voice. With a good pre it should be great on acoustic.

• Members

I auditioned one - along with a SD U195 and a Brauner at about the same price point.

I went with the SD just cause it ws the better match to my voice.

However, the 930 would have been my choice of the three for more genral purposes. I like the stand they have to XY a pair of them.

It sounded most sweet on acoustic gtr.

• Members

the guy flaked and decided not to sell.. found some cash another way... anyway, i'm still considering one new, which can be had for under $1000... but i'm always fond of good deals.. where you can sell for at least what you got it for...

Archived